Is there anything more flattering than a deep side part? Oh, I know: When it's also got that just-got-out-of-bed-but-in-a-good-way messy volume. The models at Balmain's fall show sported this 'do, courtesy of hairstylist Sam McKnight. Here's how to do it at home:
- After washing your hair, towel-dry and apply a heat-protective product like TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray.
- While hair is still damp, apply a touch of thickening product or hair spray to give the hair some texture. (McKnight used Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel and Pantene hair spray.)
- Use a round brush to blow-dry your hair straight. (If you've got fine hair, flip your head upside down while drying the roots to give them extra body.
- Part the hair in a severe side part, so that it falls over one eye. (Don't worry if you can't see—that's kind of the point.)
- Use a flat iron to go over the ends only. (Avoid the upper 2/3 of the hair. You want to keep that body!)
- Finish with a few drops of hair serum to add shine. (Schwarzkopf OSiS Magic is a good pick.)
- Now go strut your stuff.