Out now: Zeno Cold Sore Treatment Device

Post image for Out now: Zeno Cold Sore Treatment Device

What it is: A hand-held gadget that stops cold sores in their tracks.

What it does: Though I don’t suffer from cold sores, I hear they can ruin your confidence faster than a date with last year’s bikini bottoms. But isn’t it great to be living in 2009? Because the genius inventors at Zeno Corporation, who created an acne-zapping device just a few years ago, have now figured out that the same technology can be applied to cold sores. God, I love science.

Anyway, the big deal about this device is that if you use it at the very first sign of a cold sore, it can prevent the cold sore from ever developing at all.

Did you hear that? Okay, I’ll repeat it (and bold it, for good measure): It can prevent the cold sore from ever developing at all. Gosh, I don’t even get cold sores and I’m impressed!

Here’s how it works. You take the battery-operated device and hold the dime-sized tip in contact with the cold sore, where it emits a low-level heat for four minutes. (It’s so smart that it only heats up when in direct contact with the skin.) Do this at the first indication that a cold sore is forming (called the prodrome stage, when it’s itchy or tingly) and every four hours thereafter, and you can kiss that cold sore goodbye. Even if you don’t happen to catch the pesky thing as early as you’d like, the device can still help shorten its duration more effectively than prescription anti-viral treatments. Now that’s something to smile about.

Priced at $129 each. Available exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart stores across Canada.

Michelle
Tuesday, September 29/2009 at 3:56 pm

I bought this unit. So doesn’t work!!! I now have the biggest cold sore that I have ever had in my life. Going on six days, and there is no healing in sight.

Tuesday, September 29/2009 at 4:01 pm

Oh no! That sounds terrible! Were you able to catch it at the “tingling” stage? I know they say it doesn’t work at all if you don’t catch it at the very beginning…

Melissa
Sunday, February 13/2011 at 12:36 am

Well I bought the Hot Spot from Zeno and it worked for me.And mine was at the blister stage too.Use it every 4 hours if you can and it did the trick for me!

Jan
Monday, September 5/2011 at 10:57 pm

I am trying to get refills for my Zeno Cold sore machine. Not one Shoppers Drug mart in Cape Breton , Nova Scotia carries them anymore. They tell me they discontinued them. If anyone knows how I could order some could you please email me at the above address. For me they have worked amazingly. Thank You in advance if you could help me.

Maureen
Sunday, October 30/2011 at 4:49 pm

I’m with Jan. Bought the unit a little over a year ago, thankfully bought one 20-charge refill at the same time, but now I’m looking to buy more and Shoppers in the Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario area don’t have them either. Please email if you know where I can find them. Thanks!

Jan Beaton
Thursday, November 17/2011 at 8:14 am

I received information from the company about Zeno Cold Sore refills. It seems they no longer
make the device itself,and have no refills ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. It seems to me that ,
even if it is not as profitable as they thought, there could have been a longer fazing out period
to let customers stock up on the devices and the machines. People who get cold sores
SUFFER not only are they painful,but they look contagious and gross. I thought I finally found
a cure. I didn’t even care how much it cost because it worked for me. I guess they want to
invest their money in things like the Slap Chop or other useless products that make their
shareholders more money. Unfortunately for us it’s back to prescriptions. Hey they make
more money on drugs anyway,so why should they care.