A public service announcement for Kate Gosselin

Post image for A public service announcement for Kate Gosselin

Good morning, reader! See this haircut? Wait—correction: see these TWO haircuts? Yeah. In front, there’s a nice, normal bob with a sideswept bang. Not the most stylish look in the world, but perfectly suitable… until you catch a glimpse of whatever the F is going on in back. Did she let her kids do this with a pair of those craft scissors?

Please, dear reader. I know I sound like I’m preaching from my lofty beauty tower here, but please promise me you’ll NEVER get this haircut. I mean, sure, the lady has eight kids—but she also has a big reality show (Jon and Kate Plus 8 on TLC, if you were wondering), so it can’t be that hard to find a decent hairdresser….

Then again, Kate here doesn’t think there’s a problem with it, according to this quote (via Celebitchy, who have dubbed the style a “reverse mullet”):

Jon & Kate Plus 8 reality star Kate Gosselin bragged last week that her bizarre asymmetric long in front-spiky in the back hairstyle reflected her attitude and that “everyone wants it,” claiming her hairstylist “gets calls from across the country.”

Really, Kate? If that’s true then my work here, spreading the beauty gospel, is needed WAY MORE than I thought.

Alex
Thursday, May 28/2009 at 10:10 am

Seriously, can someone please tell her to stop with that haircut?? It reminds me of the early 90′s when the whole spiky in the back with two long strands in the front atrocity was deemed stylish. And really, nobody needs to be reminded of that.

Thursday, May 28/2009 at 11:47 am

Seriously – if her husband isn’t already having an affair, he’s having one now after that haircut.

Stephanie
Saturday, June 13/2009 at 9:22 am

I like it.

Andrea Claire
Wednesday, July 8/2009 at 6:25 am

Hilarious read. So true! I saw a girl at Starbucks with that haircut- I could barely place my order as I was distracted by the reverse mullet.

Warren
Tuesday, August 11/2009 at 3:04 pm

I wish my wife would get this haircut. It’s so sexy.

Gimped
Thursday, July 22/2010 at 9:57 am

I’m ashamed to admit it, but I have a very similar cut right now. Not by choice though, but because of lots of breakage from over-processed hair. My length isn’t quite there, but if my short damaged pieces in my crown don’t start growing faster I’m going to end up looking like Kate before too long. Ahhh!!!!!!

I’m going to get my hair done tonight and I hoping something can be done to disguise the atrocity that is my hair at the moment. Note to all those fine-haired ladies: DON’T bleach your hair!!! I had my professionally done almost 5 months ago and I’m STILL trying to fix all the damage.

Thursday, July 22/2010 at 12:50 pm

Oh no! That must have been some mighty strong bleach they used! :-)
Hope your new cut helps a bit.