Until approximately last Thursday afternoon, I'd never met a liquid foundation I actually liked.
We liquid foundation-haters are a small, but vocal, minority—and if you're one of us, you already know the drill: it makes your skin greasy, smells funny and feels like you're putting a thick, cakey, pore-clogging mask all over your face.
So I still think all of that's true for most foundations out there—but last week, I found one I actually want to rave about.
(I know, I'm as surprised as you are.)
It's Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Liquid Foundation, and it's awesome. Here is why:
1. It smells like fresh, clean lavender instead of some not-of-this-earth floral concoction.
2. It provides just enough coverage to make it worth your while (unlike, say, tinted moisturizers—hello?) but it's not cakey AT ALL.
3. The colour (I'm using Creamy Beige Organics) is super natural-looking and somehow, without having any detectable shimmery bits, gives my complexion a bit of a glow.
4. It's so non-greasy you actually have to work quickly to blend it all before it dries. I've been using my fingers, but a sponge would actually work best.
5. It has SPF 15, so you don't have to layer on sunscreen before you apply it.
6. Best of all—it doesn't make me feel like I'm clogging my pores with junk. The formula is free of the following: harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, GMOs, synthetic colours and synthetic fragrances.
Priced at $21.99. Available at mass-market retailers and drugstores across Canada or online at Well.ca.