Moroccanoil: A miracle-worker for any hair type

MoroccanOil, MoroccanOil Treatment, Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate, MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Shampoo, MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Conditioner, MoroccanOil Restorative Hair Mask

One of the most remarkable beauty developments over the past couple of years is this: oil is your friend.

I used to be one of those people who freaked out at the concept of putting anything that wasn’t oil-free on my face. Now, I’m a die-hard face oil addict. (Liz Earle’s Superskin Concentrate is my current oil of choice.)

The same theory used to apply to my hair—wasn’t it all about removing oil, not adding it back in?

Well, no. Not if you’ve encountered the Moroccanoil line of products. A few weeks ago, I met with Carmen Tal, the Montreal-based owner of the company, along with her daughter. And hear this: they have GREAT hair.

Why Moroccanoil Works

moroccan oil store products 300x165 Moroccanoil: A miracle worker for any hair typeMoroccanoil products are all based on argan oil, a wonder ingredient derived from Morocco that is equal parts antioxidant, UV protector, vitamin-infuser and hair-strengthener. So your hair actually looks and feels healthier and silkier—but not greasier—when you use these products. (That’s right—it’s not greasy AT ALL. And believe me, I would tell you. I have the kind of straight, fine hair that can’t handle any type of hair serum, styling lotion, etc.)

The star product in the line is the original Moroccanoil Treatment ($39 for 100 mL). All you need is a few drops: it gets rid of frizz like nothing else and really helps dry ends look healthier. It enhances coloured locks, too—some colourists even use it as a pre-colour treatment because it improves shine, elasticity and the depth of colour.

New Moroccanoil Products

Recently, Carmen introduced a few new products to the line: the Moisture Repair Shampoo ($18.80 for 250 mL), Moisture Repair Conditioner ($19.80 for 250 mL) and the Restorative Hair Mask ($39 for 250 mL). All left my hair wonderfully silky, and the scent is to die for. If you’re like me and love anything tropical, you’ll adore this even more.

PS: the Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo is sulfate-free! Before you use it, find out my trick to using sulfate-free shampoos.

Priced from $18.80-$39. Available at select hair salons across Canada (see moroccanoil.com for locations).

Afiya
Thursday, July 23/2009 at 5:27 pm

I have super dry hair so love the sound of this– I can’t wait to try!! And I agree with face oil– especially at night.

Monica
Friday, July 24/2009 at 8:49 am

I use the Moroccanoil Treatment & this stuff is awesome! (I blogged about it too) I was lucky that my hairdresser gave me a sample to try out first but now I’m off to buy the full-size. And smells so good!!

Friday, July 24/2009 at 9:25 am

Yes it really is crazy how it works on any type of hair.

Now they just need to come out with a perfume…

mommyof2boys
Friday, October 15/2010 at 6:10 pm

I love how this product works and the way it smells. My hairdresser actually told me that it could also double as a perfume oil…and it is awesome! I put it on my wrists and neck and it smells wonderful! LOVE LOVE LOVE Moroccan Oil!

Look.Inside.My.Closet
Tuesday, September 8/2009 at 7:23 pm

I blogged about it too. This product do miracles. My hair was burned from a really bad coloring and it litterally saved my hair.

eddie sezate
Wednesday, November 11/2009 at 2:44 am

i am an apache native american with naturally long jet black hair, and this is the best product i have ever used to bring out extreme suppleness,shine,and radiance.my hair is extremely healthy and soft naturally but the MORRACCAN OIL WITH MORRACCAN OIL SHINE SPRAY really made my hair “extra” silky,smooth,and baby soft with a wonderful scent—with just the first application! well worth the money, best product i’ve ever used! extremely light, non oily/greasy, wont weigh hair down, hair will absorb the argan oil very fast.

Wednesday, November 11/2009 at 2:30 pm

Wow, these are all great testimonials! So glad this product worked for you guys. :-)

bridgette
Wednesday, March 24/2010 at 4:29 am

these prouducts are amazing i bought the whole kit from my beauty salon and i w ould highly recomend any one of these proudcts great for the whole family thanks for making my hair great

Karen
Tuesday, April 20/2010 at 6:02 pm

I use a different brand of Argan Oil, but am in total agreement – this thing is a lifesaver! I was at Sephora over the weekend and the consultant also confessed it’s what she uses when her face gets dry, too, b/c it’s non-comedogenic (depending on your formula’s additives, obviously). Amazing!

Mariana Ferreira da Costa Ramos Roesberg
Sunday, August 15/2010 at 12:16 am

Estou viajando para Paris e gostaria de saber onde encontro os produtos Moroccanoil para comprar lá. Obrigada.

Rudolphe Lanz
Friday, April 29/2011 at 9:34 pm

Ok, I would just like to inform everyone out there that is in love with this product about a few facts. First, NONE of Moroccanoil’s products are based on Argan Oil.
They have added this ingredient because of it’s great health qualities, the problem is that of you look at the ingredients list on their bottles you will notice that it is nowhere near the top and that the majority of what their products are made of (including the oil) is extremely harmful and damaging to your hair. This Moroccanoil company is one of the best scams to hit the market ever!
Yes their products will make your hair “look and feel” great but trust me, it will cost you! They are marketing scoundrels, and if you look closely it is quite evident. As proven by them boasting that their shampoo is sulfate free. Look at the ingredients, instead of sulfates they use sulfocicositanes (sorry not sure about the exact spelling) they do this by chemically altering one molecule so that they can call it something different and make completely BS claims!
So yes their stuff does work, if you want really good looking hair today, but just be careful because it could fall out tomorrow!

Sunday, May 1/2011 at 5:31 pm

Thanks Rudolphe, yes, since I wrote this post I’ve learned more about the silicone content. Do you have any more intel about silicones/sulfates and hair loss because I find that quite interesting/worrisome.

Melanie
Saturday, May 7/2011 at 5:16 am

Moroccan Oil is amazing! I love it. I is definately NOT greasy. My frizzy, dry ends are silkier and much more healthy looking.

Rosa
Wednesday, June 15/2011 at 2:57 pm

Yes Morrocan Oil is a great product, but it’s pretty generic stuff. One n’ Only Argan Oil from Sally Beauty Supplies works just as great, and smells like a replica! Not to mention, it’s less than half the price, JUST SAYING! :)

anna
Saturday, August 6/2011 at 11:17 pm

hi beauty editor where in canada, ontario can i get Liz Earle’s Superskin Concentrate.I reallllly need it thank you bye

Wednesday, August 10/2011 at 6:43 pm

You can only order it direct from their site: http://us.lizearle.com/. They ship to Canada but it’s in USD.

Tika
Saturday, August 20/2011 at 10:21 am

I had to leave that product because the synthetic chemicals were irritating my scalp (not a natural product). My favorite is a 100% real Argan Oil, not just a few drops in the bottle. Russell Organics Argan Oil, http://www.russellorganics.com , I have been so happy with it. Very good quality at a very good price. And unlike those synthetic Argan Oils, I can use Russell Organics Argan Oil on my face, body, and nail beds.

RBon
Thursday, December 1/2011 at 3:47 pm

Hi, my hair is falling out even though I am maintaing a healthy diet. Been hearing a lot about the suphate-free shampoos that could help hair loss. Is this product going to help me with my hair loss problem at all? Has anyone seen hair growing back or fewer hair falling out after using this line of product?

Heather K.
Saturday, March 24/2012 at 5:23 pm

I LOVE Moroccan oil! It was recommend to me by my beautician after my hair started breaking off and falling out from some major traumatic surgery and the loss of my soft water. I can’t go a day without it anymore, it is the only thing that helps with my frizzy broken hair!

adriana
Friday, April 13/2012 at 2:58 pm

Hi I am in montreal, do u know where can i get the mooccanoil ????

thanks!