What’s new: Dermaglow Radiance Glycolic 10% Gentle Peel Solution

Dermaglow Radiance Glycolic 10% Gentle Peel Solution

One of the best ways to get glowy skin AND keep breakouts at bay is an application of glycolic acid toner. A couple of weeks ago, I talked an East Coast derm who loves the stuff—he said it’s better than salicylic acid or mechanical scrubs, and that studies even show it has a mild collagen-stimulating effect.

For years, I’ve been a fan of NeoStrata’s 8% version—in fact, it was the only one I could find that came in a toner format instead of a cream or a cleanser. But choice is always a good thing, so I’m happy to announce that Dermaglow have come out with a toner of their own. (And at 10% glycolic acid, it’s even stronger. Take that, NeoStrata!)

This one is suitable for all skin types, but it’s best to start slowly in case of irritation (try applying just a few times a week, or every other night, to start).

Bonus: the exfoliating action removes dead skin cells, so it will improve the penetration of any active ingredients in products you put on top. It’s also paraben- and fragrance-free.

Available at Shoppers Drug Mart stores and other major drug retailers across Canada.

Janine Falcon
Tuesday, August 4/2009 at 7:48 pm

I find my skin gets sensitive sometimes with the 8% Neostrata (I’ve used it for almost a decade) — lemme know how you do with a 10%!

Wednesday, August 5/2009 at 7:33 am

Oh I only use the NeoStrata once or twice a week – if I used it everyday my skin would freak out. Do you use it more often than that?

Sandra Borg
Friday, August 7/2009 at 2:04 pm

I have very very very sensitive skin and I found this product didn’t irritate my skin at all. But everyone should definately test it with a small application first and see how your skin reacts.

Sunday, August 9/2009 at 7:03 pm

Good to know Sandra! I’m a huge fan of Dermaglow in general…

Janine Falcon
Sunday, August 9/2009 at 10:14 pm

I use the Neostrata 8% twice per day. I cut back recently and broke the heck out. Sheesh!

Monday, August 10/2009 at 10:18 am

Twice a day? Wow – maybe I should reconsider my frequency of usage. Got to beat those pores into submission…

Amiee
Friday, September 10/2010 at 10:55 am

I recently used this for one week. The first couple days it was great my BF saw my skin glowing, but as it recommended once a day I found it actually started to irritate my face and it became itchy with some redness. I don’t feel I have sensitive skin, so I may consider this a weekly or bi weekly treatment.

Monday, September 13/2010 at 1:23 pm

The packaging says to use every day? Eeeks! Can’t believe it says that… as I noted in my post above, I would start off a couple times a week and build up from there.

Jody
Monday, January 30/2012 at 10:55 pm

I just bought the Dermaglow 10% Gentle Peel Solution for melasma and anti-aging benefits and glow/radiance. Has science show glycolic acid to stimulate collagen production as well as retinoids have been proven to?