When it comes to evening eye makeup, it’s usually a toss-up for me between cat, above, and smoky:
Truth be told, I usually prefer the cat eye, but it’s a look I can only pull off when I’m feeling particularly steady-handed (read: zero alcohol consumption before applying makeup). Of course, it’s reassuring that I can always do smoky if I mess things up—I just correct everything with lots of smudging, et voilà! Smoky eyes.
At least I think so. It often occurs to me that I could probably improve my technique, which is why I’m excited about two new kits that have just hit stores:
Lise Watier’s Limited Edition Cat Eye Kit ($39) contains:
- a slightly frosted beige eyeshadow for sweeping over the entire lid
- a black kohl pencil for lining your upper lash line
- a deep black eyeshadow to set the liner
- Mini Métamorfix, a liquid that transforms any powder eyeshadow into long-wearing eyeliner
- an eyeshadow brush and the must-have angled eyeliner brush
Pupa’s Smoky Eyes Kit ($29) contains:
- a four-shade eyeshadow palette with brush
- smudge-proof eyeliner
- available in two shades: brown (for a softer look) or black (for a dramatic effect)
Both kits include step-by-step instructions. How clever is that?