I just realized I forgot to post photos of the Katy Perry transformation I told you about a few weeks ago when I posted this little video of Look-A-Like's Paul Venoit talking about pin-up girl makeup.
Above is the photo of Katy herself that Paul used as inspiration for making over 18-year-old Liv as a mini Katy. And now... in case you ever doubted the power of hair and makeup, check out Liv before:
Pretty incredible, no?
Just to re-cap, here are Paul's basic steps for achieving this look:
- FACE: After concealer to remove any discolorations, use a foundation brush to apply a cream foundation with an iridescent finish and then set with mineral powder.
- BROWS: Fill in brows with an fine angled brush and brow powder.
- EYES: Sweep powder in a neutral shade all over the eyelids, pressing it from lash line to brow. Apply a dark (black or brown) shadow along the lash line and then trace over it with black liquid liner, building winged-out tips at the ends. White liner at the inside corners of the eyes will give you a more open, alert, theatrical look. Curl the lashes and apply a black, volumizing mascara.
- CHEEKS: Contour the cheeks with a light dusting of contour powder under the cheekbones, and then apply a poppy-pink blush on the apples of the cheeks. A touch of highlighter on top of the cheekbones helps blend the different shades together.
- LIPS: Line and fill in lips with a red or pink lip pencil (or use a lip brush to blend). Apply red or pink lipstick over top and finish with a clear gloss.
Tune into Look-A-Like on Sundays at 8pm ET/5pm PT on the Star! and Fashion Television channels in Canada, and on Wednesdays at 8pm ET/5pm PT on the TV Guide Network in the U.S.