So now it’s confession time:
- Some people manage to work out mascara clumps with the mascara wand itself. Others use an eyelash comb. Me? This isn’t something I’m proud of, but… I lick my right ring finger and sort of wiggle it through the lashes. It’s gross, but it’s fast, and it works. I’m too lazy and unskilled to use actual tools.
- Possibly part of the reason my mascara gets clumpy is because I’m guilty of keeping it well past the three-month mark. Er… oops?
- I find plucking stray hairs… on my legs, armpits, eyebrows, anywhere… oddly satisfying. It’s almost relaxing! Bonus points for ingrowns.
- One time, Tweezerman sent over its professional pedicure line, and ever since then, I’ve enjoyed the little foot callus shaving tool a little TOO much. It’s like a weapon. Let me just say there have been crime scenes in my bathroom.
- I’m not, as you may have gathered, terribly creative with my OWN makeup… but I DO have this strange habit of layering things. Like I won’t just use a powder blush—I’ll put it on and then dab a cheek stain on top. Or I’ll line my eyes with not just a liquid liner, but also an eyeliner pencil, cream liner AND shadow. We’re talking the same line here. It’s either overkill or genius—I can’t decide which.
- I’ve never met a magnifying mirror I could step away from. Examining my pores (and their imperfections) is endlessly fascinating. And I won’t deny performing the occasional surgery on emerging blemishes. I know you’re not supposed to… but you can’t just LEAVE it there!
So I’ve spilled… now it’s your turn. What are your bizarro beauty habits?