The whole idea of Christmas stockings is kinda weird—insert a bunch of tiny presents into a big ol' sock—and yet, it's one of my favourite rituals. Maybe it's because I'm a sucker for quantity (sometimes at the sake of quality) and love receiving five or ten little gifts at once. Is that wrong?
Beauty products, of course, make the perfect stocking stuffers. (But you knew I was going to say that!)
Today, I'm sharing with you a few clever little things I've noticed around the shops, plus a couple of old favourites—all great gifts and relatively inexpensive, too!
1. Bath & Body Works Lambie Sleep Mask: When I was in NYC two years ago for Bath & Body Works' Canadian launch, my friend V. and I went CRAZY for their Lambie line. (They sell all manner of lamb things, including slippers, blankets and actual toy lambs.) This eye mask, of course, is essential for proper beauty sleep. At Bath & Body Works stores across Canada.
2. Smith's Rosebud Salve: If you're one of the 0.1 percent of the population who hasn't tried this multitasking lip balm (use it on dry cuticles too), buy one for yourself as well as your giftee. A classic. At Sephora stores across Canada.
3. Origins Peace Out Peace of Mind Duo to Go: This is a peppermint-infused anti-stress lotion (just dab a bit on the temples, earlobes and back of neck). Attached to a keychain, it goes anywhere for on-the-spot relief—and comes with yummy mints, too. At select Bay stores in Victoria, B.C., Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal and at origins.com.
5. My Tagalongs Handywoman's Kit: Don't you hate it when you tear your nail or have a ragged cuticle, but you're away from home and sans tools? This is a great kit to have in your purse or office desk drawer. It contains scissors, tweezers, a nail file, toothpick and pen. See here for where to buy.
6. Organic Surge Lavender & Geranium Hand and Nail Cream: This is a constant in my handbag: the purse-sized format doesn't take up much room and the fresh-scented formula moisturizes well but absorbs quickly. Bonus points for the organic extracts and 91 percent naturally derived ingredients. At Shoppers Drug Mart stores across Canada.
7. Bath & Body Works Shea Butter-Infused Socks: Another winner from Bath & Body Works: socks that come complete with hydrating shea butter. These last up to 25 washes. At Bath & Body Works stores across Canada.
8. Les Tai Tai Model Mirror: Possibly my favourite gift idea of the season. I posted about these a few weeks back—these mirrors come with embedded LED lights for perfect makeup application. The best part are the clever slogans and images, though (choose from 12). At Holt Renfrew stores across Canada.