I'm not on board the Glee train, but for those of you who are—here's Lea Michele. (Love this green dress with her hair colour.) Her makeup happens to be Chantecaille—a new brand at Holt Renfrew that's worth checking out. (Read this post for a bit of scoop on what it's about.)
Here's the lowdown on this look:
"I wanted to create an old Hollywood meets new Hollywood vibe....merge the classic starlet with a modern twist and have Lea channel a young, bronzed Ava Gardner. The color and cut of the dress were the main focus and I just wanted to compliment it and not overshadow it. Lea and I agreed that a glowy/shimmery look with a little smoky eye was the way to go."—Melanie Inglessis, makeup artist
Find out the Chantecaille products she used after the jump.
- Nano Gold Energizing cream: "Prepare the skin with this moisturizing balm for an amazing/ illuminating base for the make up. Gives skin an instant all-over glow."
- Super Lip sheer in Eclipse: "For a natural look, I dabbed the lip color with my ring finger in the middle of Lea's mouth and asked her to blot her lips together…it’s a very natural way to deposit a color onto your lips."
- La Baleine blanche, illuminating face powder: "Loosely apply the illuminating face powder after your foundation, and use a big fluffy brush and dust all over face. Be careful not to pick up too much product with your brush as you want to avoid blotchiness. It is always better to build up the product then having to take it down. Pay special attention to your cheekbones and browbones for that instant red carpet glamour!"
- Cheek shade in Wind: "To keep the look fresh and young always apply a peachy color - just on the apple of the cheek, very lightly. It instantly brightens the face!"
- Le Stylo in black: "A perfect way to apply a very thin liner by your top lash line, the velvet tip and the light texture make it really easy to apply. A good way to define your eyes without the "heavy" 60's look…"