Sneak peek: Quo Spring 2010 Makeup

Quo Spring 2010 Sneak peek: Quo Spring 2010 MakeupAs much as I adore Shoppers Drug Mart—a.k.a. the female Canadian Tire—I feel like I haven’t given Quo, its house brand of cosmetics, much love over the years. Not for any particular reason, mind you—more because other, more glamorous brands with names like Dior, Chanel and YSL were screaming for my attention.

But honestly? Quo has some pretty innovative stuff on offer. (And the photo at left really doesn’t do them justice.) In their spring collection, the Jumbo Lip-Gloss Sticks ($12) and Jumbo Eyeshadows ($12) are really fun to apply, and the colours go on very sheer and subtle. (What I’m trying to say is: they don’t feel cheap.)

I’m also a big, big fan of the BFF Super Shaper Eye Wand ($15), which is a dual-ended liner and shadow that would be perfect for travel. (The liner is thicker and more angled than any I’ve seen before, so it’s dead easy to apply. And the shadow is self-dispensing and not messy at all.) I’m not sure why it’s got BFF in the name, but I’m making it MY new BFF. They didn’t send me the All-Over Colour Stick (pictured), but I imagine it’s similarly clever.

Also: the quad in this pic is the Renaissance Eye Quad ($20), which is WAY nicer in person. (Really cute case. Trust.)

Available in March at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores across Canada.

Halifax
Saturday, February 6/2010 at 8:44 am

Quo does deserve some love, they have some awesome products. The sneak peek is awesome. Can’t wait until these products are out :-)

Alberta
Friday, February 26/2010 at 12:09 am

I work as a merchandiser and on and off in the cosmetics department in our Shoppers. We opened the box with this line on Monday. I instantly snapped some of it up. It’s a very awesome spring line. The Prices aren’t ridiculous but the colours go on and stay on. So much love for this line. <3

Nancy DiBattista
Monday, May 3/2010 at 3:36 pm

In the summer of 2009 you had a limited time offer product for eyes. It was a pencil, a cooling gel shadow. I believe it came in white, blue, pink and taupe. I loved loved loved the taupe colour. Is it possible that you are bringing this product line back or is there some way to get more. Please!

Monday, May 3/2010 at 4:53 pm

Hi Nancy, have you tried asking Quo directly? http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/contact-us.aspx
Nothing that fits that description has crossed my desk this year, unfortunately…

Jennifer
Monday, August 9/2010 at 10:09 am

Hi,
I have been looking for a year now for something to replace the QUO tinted light weight moisturizer with SPF 15 – they seem to have discontinued it and it is the only tinted moisturizer I could find that worked on my sensitive skin and that also had sun protection. Do you know of anything similar?
Thanks

Thursday, August 19/2010 at 5:04 pm

Hi Jennifer, sorry for the late reply! Good question. I think in general you should look for tinted moisturizers that have mineral SPF as it’s the chemical SPFs that are irritating.

Juice Beauty makes one:

Also Jane Iredale:

Not sure if this is available in Canada, but here’s something from Physicians Formula:

I hope that helps!