Have you ever bleached your eyebrows?

bleached eyebrows, bleached brows, Givenchy

For quite a while now, we’ve been seeing models on the catwalk with blonde, bleached-out eyebrows. But have you ever tried—or would you consider trying—to do it at home?

I don’t mean anything extreme (like the model on the left here), but just a shade lighter. That’s the advice I got the other week from a Chanel makeup artist who did my makeup—he said my eyes would stand out a lot more and it would go better with my hair (to which I’ve recently added more blonde highlights). So I decided to take him up on it this weekend!

It’s super easy to do at home, although you may want a friend to help you (I got my mom to do it). Just mix up some Jolen cream bleach, which you can buy at any drugstore, and apply it to your brows for about half the time they recommend. (So on my brown eyebrows, it took about five minutes to get them one or two shades lighter—all I wanted was a lighter brown, not blonde.)

It’s best to err on the side of caution—you can always go lighter if you don’t get the right shade the first time. If you’re afraid to DIY, you can always just ask your colourist to do it next time you’re at the salon—I’ve done that before too (although the results were exactly the same, so I’d rather save my $$$).

I’ve gotta say, I’m really loving how this looks. It DEFINITELY makes your eyes stand out more. What about you—ever done this? Any plans to give it a shot?

Megan
Tuesday, April 13/2010 at 5:51 pm

I have thought about doing this. Do you have any before and afters of your brows? It would be nice to see the difference :)

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 14/2010 at 11:25 am

I didn’t take before and afters… but don’t worry – they are not as light as this model’s! Really just a couple of shades lighter…but it makes a big difference!

Angel
Friday, November 12/2010 at 7:52 pm

I have bleached my brows at home.. I bleached my hair .. went from really dark brown to golden blond! I loved the color of my hair but my eyebrows were BLACK! I looked crazy. So, I went out and got some facial hair bleach and did my brows :) turned out great! I love them.. they are a light brown now and look great with my new hair color.

Wednesday, November 17/2010 at 12:42 am

Awesome! I think eyebrows can make a huge difference and I know what you mean… when they are too dark it can look weird. (But the same thing goes for too light – eg Blake Lively lately!)

The only thing I’ve noticed is that they can look a bit orange in the sun when you use plain old Jolen bleach. I’m thinking the dye at the hair salon is probably the best…if you can get them to do it for you. :-)

Saniya
Wednesday, December 22/2010 at 1:54 pm

“The only thing I’ve noticed is that they can look a bit orange in the sun when you use plain old Jolen bleach.”
This is definitely true, although it’s not stopped me from using jolen! It’s so much easier than actually plucking your eyebrows, just simply dyeing them is hassle free. It does get quite annoying when the bleach wears out after a month or so though.. but maybe that’s because i have really dark eyebrows.

Jen
Monday, November 26/2012 at 9:19 pm

I have brown hair and blond eyebrows and it isn’t glamorous at all. It’s a total pain in the neck.

lolenator
Monday, January 28/2013 at 7:58 pm

Is the cancer patient look a new trend now?

Louka
Monday, September 23/2013 at 9:39 am

My eyebrows look like this picture in real life, and I haven’t bleached them.. They look naturally like that, and I hate it!! I’m going to dye them darker I think!