Last night I was lucky enough to score an invite to the Genie Awards, a.k.a Canada's version of the Oscars. (My partner in crime was my good pal and fellow ex-magazine editor Marilisa of The Chic Storm—make sure to check out her blog, it's a must-read!)
Our invite was courtesy of John Frieda, whose talented stylists were responsible for many of the gorgeous hairstyles.
More to come on those soon, including how-tos—but first can we talk about Diane Kruger and Joshua Jackson? Diane was there last night to support her man, who ended up winning the Genie for Best Actor.
I can see why she digs him—not only is he handsome but he's also totally modest: when he stepped up to accept the award he said "I can't believe I won something!" THEN, to the delight of the audience, in his acceptance speech he told Diane he loved her. Awwww...
Sadly I didn't have the chance to get all up in their face to gawk or ask about beauty tips—I don't think Diane was down with the after-party at The Guvernment—but I DID score a how-to from John Frieda's creative consultant Alain Larivée.
Here's a better look at the hair (sorry for the blurry back shot):
And here's how to get it:
"This is a very easy, DIY look that is on-trend for this summer and is easily acheived at home," says Alain.
- Apply Frizz-Ease Straight Fixation to wet hair.
- Blow dry using your fingers [to rake through the hair] from root to tip to achieve a non-finished natural wave.
- Create a centre part, leaving a few front strands loose to acheive the 'undone' look.
- Pull the rest of your hair back to the nape of your neck. Take hair and wrap it into a circular tight bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Finish the style with Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Hair Spray.
What do you think of Diane's hair? Of her boyfriend? Do you love them or what?