Sneak peek: Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick

I knew there would be great things to come from Revlon after top makeup artist Gucci Westman (formerly of Lancôme) joined the company as global artistic director.

This lipstick is the best example—it’s one product beauty editors all over are talking about (and wearing) right now.

What’s so great about it? It feels completely sheer and weightless, is super moisturizing, and yet the pigments are intense and lovely—all things that I’m sure you know are unfortunately quite rare at the drugstore level.

Also there are no cheapie drugstore shimmers here either, folks—all in all, I swear this stuff is as good (or better) as most department store offerings.

Out of the 20 shades, my colour picks are Ruby (a GREAT blue red), Peach (a sophisticated nudey coral) and Fuchsia (VERY spring ’10—see the Bottega Veneta show for reference).

The best part is that they’re only $11.95 each, and the packaging is even kinda nice with the Chanel-inspired quilting detail.

Prediction: runaway hit.

Available in June at mass retailers and drugstores across Canada.

Jenny
Monday, April 19/2010 at 9:22 pm

yay! thanks for letting us know we’ll expect it in june :) i didn’t think it would ever make it to canada :P

Monday, April 19/2010 at 10:09 pm

You will love it! I got sent a bunch of shades and haven’t found one I don’t like yet.

Ingrid
Thursday, May 20/2010 at 11:45 am

Thanks so much!!!
Exactly in the same spot as Jenny… I’ve been seeing this product everywhere on YouTube with low hopes of seeing it in Canada :(
Can’t wait to try out an affordable red!

Susan
Sunday, June 27/2010 at 9:11 am

Ooh…I just bought ‘Peach’. I love it! So gorgeous & feels so nice on. :)
Thanks for the great review!

Chelsea
Wednesday, December 1/2010 at 6:39 pm

This lipstick is great. I checked it out after I saw Kim Kardashian wearing it.
And yes, I had to Google Kim Kardashian, but the color was exactly what I was looking for. And the make-up artist that did her make-up for that particular event listed all the products used. Any ways the color was Soft Nude. Unfortunately, my skin tone is more on the olive side so this color would have washed me out – but the color Blush was perfect.

Friday, December 3/2010 at 6:38 pm

Hey I didn’t know Kim Kardashian wore this – cool. Nudes are so hard to get right… glad there was one that worked for you! It’s such a great lipstick for the price.

Tanveer
Wednesday, January 19/2011 at 7:26 am

I have this in Soft Rose, Rosy Nude, Grape, True Red, Blush & Raspberry (I guess you can tell how much Iove them) – planning to get Fuchsia next :D

Thursday, January 20/2011 at 5:58 pm

OMG! I take it you are a fan :-)
You will love the fuchsia. Orange also great!