Caviar for your hair? Mais oui! Meet Chronologiste, Kérastase’s new super-treatment

Kérastase Chronologiste hair treatment

Okay, so it’s not really caviar in this new treatment from Kérastase, called Chronologiste. It’s something called “mimetic caviar,” which I understand is a lab-derived equivalent. (Because really—who wants their hair to smell like fish eggs?)

Anyway, listen up, because this is probably the most decadent hair treatment I’ve ever come across.

The claim is that Kérastase has taken ALL the benefits of ALL their products, and combined them into one “super-treatment,” which is available in both in-salon and at-home versions and is suitable for all hair types.

This puppy does it all: it volumizes, hydrates, strengthens, repairs, smooths, adds shine and offers UV protection. Amazing right?

Here’s how it works. Each Chronologiste kit comes with two ingredients: the caviar pearls and a mask containing hydrating ceramides and vitamin E. They’re designed to be mixed together at the last minute, just before application. You then work the concoction through wet, just-shampooed hair from roots to tips and massage it into your scalp. After leaving it in for 10 minutes or so, you just rinse out and style as normal.

I got to try out the 30-minute in-salon treatment (which includes a shampoo, scalp massage and style) a few weeks back at Toronto’s Hair on the Avenue, and WOW—my ends felt incredibly silky and strong. It totally deep-sixed the flat-iron-induced damage I had along the lower third of my ends—something no masque or conditioner has ever managed to do before.

Yes, it’s pricey—$75 for the in-salon treatment or $150 for 10 applications at home. But I’m thinking that if this replaced the need for a whole bunch of masques, conditioners and serums, it could actually save you money in the long run.

Right? Or am I just an enabler when it comes to big-ticket beauty items?

What do you think—are you intrigued by an all-in-one hair treatment or do you think $150 is too pricey, no matter what it promises to do?

Harjot
Monday, April 26/2010 at 5:35 pm

I am going to have to check thisout

Sara
Saturday, October 2/2010 at 11:53 pm

I’ve used Chronologiste three times since receiving it last week and so far I love it. I’m using it every time I wash my hair because I can’t resist. It smells incredible and helped repair some major damage from ombre highlighting (my colorist used 40 volume to lift the ends) Needless to say my hair felt damaged and was breaking and I’m happy to say I’ve noticed a huge difference after using Chronologiste. Yes, it’s pricey but well worth it if your hair is in need of damage control from coloring but if your hair is healthy and in good condition then you should pass on this.

Monday, October 4/2010 at 4:21 pm

Glad to hear you loved it too! And how amazing that it was able to repair some of that damage. I think the coolest thing is how it can do all of that and yet not weigh your hair down. Some kind of voodoo science there, clearly! :-)

faten
Wednesday, December 21/2011 at 6:53 pm

I need to know from where csn i got it from dubai

Zaineb
Sunday, February 19/2012 at 11:32 pm

Faten, you can buy it from Aloft salon in Dubai Mall

sawsan
Tuesday, April 10/2012 at 4:28 am

hi I used this treatment and keep it for 1 hour which give more better result and nice shiny hair.
I’d like to know if I can use the hair team @ salon with this treatment or only apply it in my scalp without steam ? please advise me

thanks