Out now: Stila Raspberry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain

Stila Raspberry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain

Like I’ve been saying, lately I’m not feeling lip gloss AT ALL. But sometimes full-blown lipstick is TOO MUCH, right?

So for those times—or when it’s meltingly hot out and you need something that will stay put—it’s all about the lip stain. It’s also great stuff for makeup newbies who normally wouldn’t dream of putting lipstick—all that pigment!—on their lips. Think of it as Starter Lipstick.

When this stain from Stila ($32, stilacosmetics.com, Murale and Beautymark) showed up at my door, it immediately found a home in my handbag. It’s that perfect pinky-red shade, and what’s also great about it is that it’s not drying, as some lip stains can be.

You can also use it on your cheeks, and although you’ll have to work quickly to blend it, I highly recommend doing so, as you’ll immediately look 200% healthier and younger. Really!

Gimped
Monday, May 17/2010 at 5:50 pm

I’ve wanted to try lip stains for a while. Any suggestions for more affordable ones? I don’t wanna fork out all that dough and not like it …

Monday, May 17/2010 at 6:05 pm

Yes! Joe Fresh and CoverGirl both make lip stains so those would be your best bets… I think both are under $10.

Andrea Claire
Wednesday, May 19/2010 at 6:53 am

Can I add my 2 cents?? I have an array of Joe Fresh Beauty in my kit, including the lipstains. The pigments are great and they last a long time. Tip: most women tend to lick their lips subconsiously prior to applying lippy – this will interfere with the application. Apply on dry lips and if you need a little moisture apply lip care on top.
Also – you can DIY with food colouring if you are daring. :)

Wednesday, May 19/2010 at 9:45 am

Great tips, AC! (Especially food colouring… that’s a first!)

Lindsay
Tuesday, May 25/2010 at 4:07 pm

I bought this product a while ago in a different colour. Cherry crush. I was wearing a white coat the day I tried it at the store, and I loved how it looked. But either I ran out of product after only a few applications, or my tube is broken. I click and click and click and nothing comes out anymore. It gives me a bit of sad face.

Tuesday, May 25/2010 at 7:30 pm

Oh no I have sad face for you! That’s the annoying thing about the clicking packages… a bunch of beauty eds and I were JUST talking about this the other day. (Yes, we really are losers that discuss these things. Solving world peace, yo!) Anyway, with the clicking you never know if/when the product is done… usually it just stops one day without warning and that is not nice at all.

I wonder if the store would replace it for you? Worth a try. Or you could just buy a cheapie replacement from Joe Fresh or CoverGirl – their stains are both awesome too. (I just tend to write more about the spendy stuff.)