MTV Movie Awards ’10: Kristen Stewart

2010 MTV Movie Awards: Kristen Stewart

I’ll come right out and say it—I don’t really “get” the appeal of Kristen Stewart.

But then again, I haven’t seen anything Twilight-related yet (I know, I’ve been hiding under a rock).

What I HAVE seen of Kristen is a whole lot of Grumpy Face on the red carpet.

However. I will give the girl props for a cool look at the MTV Movie Awards last night. She’s what—20 years old? This is totally age appropriate and pretty. (Miley, are you watching?)

What I like the most about it are the coppery tones of her eyeshadow, which bring out her green eyes and make her skin look all peaches and cream. (Her brows are fantastic, too, don’t you think?)

We can’t see much of the hair in this shot except that it’s a high, messy ponytail with a bit of a textured quiff at the top, like she scraped it all back herself. Who knows, maybe she did!

Ellen
Monday, June 7/2010 at 3:05 pm

Kristen Stewart does look grumpy when she’s in public. Maybe she hates being in the Twilight movies as much as I hate watching them. :)

Monday, June 7/2010 at 3:51 pm

You hated them? Okay, that makes me feel marginally better for being completely ignorant of this cultural phenomenon! I likely will cave soon and watch – K-Stew is on the cover of ELLE so I probably should pay attention!

thechicstorm
Monday, June 7/2010 at 4:05 pm

I love the Twilight movies and I’m not ashamed to admit it. (Okay, that’s a lie. I’m totally ashamed to admit it, but whatever.) KStew and her brand of studied sullenness is getting really old. I agree that her makeup looks great, but I feel like she’s in a permanent state of adolescent rage and purposely puts no effort into her hair just to piss her mother off. Someone pay me hundreds of thousands of dollars to kiss RPattz on screen and I’ll DUTIFULLY wear cute clothes, pose for the paps and get my hair did, like every. day.

Monday, June 7/2010 at 5:17 pm

Actually, I don’t mind this hair – or what I can see of it. I like the contrast of casual hair, fancy dress… Although if *I* were in the vicinity of R-Pattz, I’d definitely want to step it up a bit!

Elaine
Monday, June 7/2010 at 7:11 pm

LOVE the makeup – the rest is just odd (hair and dress)

Donna Vitan
Monday, June 7/2010 at 11:51 pm

I actually like this look on her, and I think I actually saw some photos of her smiling. She’s commonly snapped with frowns and grumpiness. I’m not particularly fond of her because of this. From what I have seen from the media, she’s comes of as ungrateful and super mega emo.

Other than that, I enjoy the Twilight movies as part of my guilty pleasures collection of shame. I am completely aware of how these movies butchered the vampire mystique and its unhealthy representation of relationships.

I could go on but I just wanted to say that this looks makes her look approachable and friendly and age appropriate!

Tuesday, June 8/2010 at 5:13 pm

“Guilty pleasures collection of shame” – love it Donna!
Glad you’re with me on liking this look… I really want to copy the eye makeup.