Dear Katherine Heigl: What is up with your hair lately?

Katherine Heigl brunette, helmet hair, Killers European premiere

There was a great article on the Vulture blog the other day analyzing Katherine Heigl‘s career prospects. (Aside: did you know that there are only FIVE actresses today who can get a project green-lit just by signing on? Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon and… Katherine Heigl. Huh?)

Anyway, the author posited that Miss Heigl might not be the nicest or easiest-to-work-with person, which is something I’ve been reading about on Lainey Gossip for years now.

And I believe it—because CLEARLY, the girl is floundering here without proper beauty advice. After the jump, I’m going to give her some… and give you a closer look at these hair disasters.

katherine heigl brunette Dear Katherine Heigl: What is up with your hair lately?

First of all, who let her dye her hair this colour? I’m not against a bit of colour experimentation, but with actresses—whose careers depend on a bankable “look”—it’s risky, and usually only happens for a role. She looks AMAZING as blonde, so I’d file this brunette hue under Career-Limiting Moves. It certainly doesn’t say “perky, bubbly rom-com star” to me.

Also: if you’re going to do it, Katie? At least go for a colour that’s flattering. (If she had to go darker, why not that strawberry blonde she had for like five seconds a couple of years ago? It was great.)

This is waaaay too dark—in the pic above, it looks almost black. And don’t get me started on the strange poofy poodle curls. Wavy hair may be in style, but not THIS way. Time to make friends with your flat iron!

katherine heigl killers premiere Dear Katherine Heigl: What is up with your hair lately?

Annnnd just when I didn’t think it could get any worse, I see this photo (from the Killers premiere in Europe). While I think the colour’s a bit better here (it looks like it’s lightened up a bit), the style is a freakin’ helmet!

Come on, Katherine—not even politicians and TV anchorwomen have hair like this anymore. They really hairsprayed the bejeezus out of it, didn’t they? I have an uncontrollable urge to get at with my fingers and some beach texturizing spray.

What do you think of Katherine’s new look? Am I being too hard on her or do you agree that she should get some beauty help, stat?

Janine
Thursday, June 10/2010 at 2:10 pm

We need to find out who that stylist is and make sure we never quote whoever it is any beauty article EVER. Ever.

Monica
Thursday, June 10/2010 at 2:18 pm

I like her as a blonde or strawberry blonde & that helmet hair ages her considerable. She has a really nice figure & facebut the hair is distracting, she looks great in Harper’s Bazaar this month!

Jill D
Thursday, June 10/2010 at 3:02 pm

I read that too about the box office company she keeps! Not even A-list in my opinion. She’s got a lovely face, so she should just wear her hair up all the time. I’m with you on the strawberry blonde.

Ellen
Thursday, June 10/2010 at 3:33 pm

She is NOT lookin’ too good. Bring back the blonde locks!

Gimped
Friday, June 11/2010 at 8:58 am

I don’t mind the brown … but hate the styles for sure. I’m one of those people who gets tired of their hair and needs a change; recently I went from my natural dark brown to platinum blonde. I say give the colour a shot, but ditch the stylist. Helmet head is definitely not a good look! :)

Heather
Friday, June 11/2010 at 9:14 am

I actually don’t mind the colour, but thumbs down to the circa ’88 pageant hair. Also, sorry about that scuba suit-inspired dress.

Friday, June 11/2010 at 5:05 pm

@Heather – wow, the hair distracted me so much I didn’t even notice the scuba-dress. Terrible!

Penny
Wednesday, June 30/2010 at 6:34 am

The Vulture article wasn’t great at all. It was full of lies and mistruths. It is really sad how Heigl has been vilified by some in the media. She is very easy to work with and every director will say the same. All of her co-stars only have great things to say about her as well. She has been outspoken at times and too honest for her own good – as a result she is perceived as some kind of ungrateful diva which couldnt be further from the truth. As for the hair I think she looks gorgeous – but the styles aren’t the best look for her. However she is brunette for a role and has been trying out various looks as her character is supposed to have bouffant curly brown hair. The dress amazing though and she looks fabulous on the red carpet.

sherry
Monday, July 8/2013 at 3:56 pm

I absolutely Love her hair this color.
And the styling is perfect for her.
Im sick of the fashion idiots forcing the fake blonde colorings. Brunetts and red heads are every bit as beautiful. Here she looks Healthy, refreshed and best of all she looks Real.
I dont know how anyone can call strait stringy or chopped up like straw hair Is a fashion or style.
When are real Hair Stylist going to reappear.
I can wash my hair leave it wet and sleep on it and wake up looking what most women pay to get.