Would you buy a fragrance based on Eat, Pray, Love?

Fresh Eat Pray Love fragrances

Elizabeth Gilbert’s Eat, Pray, Love was only the biggest book of 2006/2007—and now, as you probably know, it’s being turned into a movie (starring Julia Roberts, out in August).

I will confess: I read the book and loved it. (Well, it was a bit touch-and-go through the “Pray” section, to be perfectly honest. But other than that, I enjoyed it.)

But did I enjoy it enough to want to SMELL like Eat, Pray, Love? That is the question.

On July 15th, Fresh (fresh.com) is releasing a fragrance and candle collection based on the movie. Obvs the three scents (all eau de parfums, US$32 each) are named Eat, Pray and Love!

According to StyleList:

“Eat” celebrates the sweetness of Italy’s famous desserts and wines, with notes of bright lemon and basil balanced by creamy cannoli, caramel, meringue, and vanilla that is topped off with sparkling Prosecco and Limoncello.

“Pray” journeys to India’s sultry incense and spice history with jasmine, pink pepper, patchouli, amber, juniper berry, cardamom, and musk for a woodsy scent laced in exoticism.

“Love” captures the emotion with notes of bergamot, red currant, mango blossom, jasmine, sandalwood, and velvet amber, and is inspired by Indonesia’s tropical and sunny floral landscape.

I’ve got to admit—although I thought this was a strange collab (and I’m rather weary of all the collabs going on in general these days), these do sound quite lovely. But tell me what you think…

And last but not least, I’ll leave you with the trailer and some movie stills (in case you’re a fan). I’m putting this film in the SATC2 category—it might be terrible, but I HAVE to see it.

Eat Pray Love Poster 691x1024 Would you buy a fragrance based on Eat, Pray, Love?

Eat Pray Love 01 Would you buy a fragrance based on Eat, Pray, Love?

Eat Pray Love 02 Would you buy a fragrance based on Eat, Pray, Love?

Eat Pray Love 03 Would you buy a fragrance based on Eat, Pray, Love?

Afiya
Monday, June 28/2010 at 11:34 am

Cool, I hadn’t heard of this collab. I hear you that it’s kind of strange, but I have to admit that I’m intrigued by Pray. And come to think of it, Eat sounds nice– Prosecco and Limoncello– yes please.

Monday, June 28/2010 at 1:47 pm

I know, the Prosecco caught my eye too! Actually everything in Eat… I don’t think I’ve ever come across a cannoli note before!

yuck
Monday, June 28/2010 at 2:04 pm

um, am i the only one who noticed that this book was poorly written and bo-oring????? would NEVER buy anything that used it in its co-branding. that book made women look petty and stupid. let’s try reading books by intelligent, educated women

Monday, June 28/2010 at 4:34 pm

@yuck – Elizabeth Gilbert parlayed a bar job back in the ’90s into Coyote Ugly and then her travels into a book deal and then a movie. How she writes is up for debate, but I’d say that’s pretty darn intelligent!

yuck
Wednesday, June 30/2010 at 4:11 pm

intelligent is not the same thing as savvy. gilbert is savvy, but hardly intelligent

yes indeed, YUCK!
Saturday, July 17/2010 at 11:14 am

The silliness of celebrity perfumes aside….

I fail to see the appeal of the book, thought it was one of the most self-centered and boring things I’d ever seen written. In Gilbert’s world, it’s all about HER. So, would the ‘eat’ perfume smell like pasta? and the ‘pray’ smell like unwashed bodies on a long-term retreat (been there, it’s not pretty)? What does ‘love’ smell like? (PLEASE don’t elaborate).

This woman’s books may make movies – how is that ‘intelligent’? Unless you define intelligent as being aware that suckers are born every minute (both her books appeal to the insecure).

Javier Bardem, how COULD you? Of course, maybe the movie will turn out to be better than the book – it wouldn’t take much.

Sara
Thursday, July 22/2010 at 8:28 pm

Gag. This book is so smug and self important. Not interested.