Megan Fox teams up with Giorgio Armani Cosmetics

Megan Fox with Giorgio Armani

Megan Fox has been busy lately! First, she got a kick-ass makeunder for the cover of Allure. She became the new Mrs. David Silver Brian Austin Green. And then she got all sorts of questionable (and highly unnecessary) cosmetic procedures.

And now—well, beginning in October, officially—Megs is the new face for Giorgio Armani Cosmetics.

If you’ve never experienced the delight of Mr. Armani’s makeup line, get thee to a Holt Renfrew counter, stat. Not only does the man produce what is probably the most coveted foundation on the planet (Luminous Silk Foundation), but the entire line is amazing in the way that only expensive, ultra-luxe cosmetics can be. (You won’t find better textures and pigments anywhere else.)

Which is why I’ve gotta say that I’m surprised Megan Fox of all people is fronting the line.

I think she was the perfect fit in her previous incarnation as the face body for Emporio Armani jeans and underwear.

But there’s something about her and makeup… THIS makeup… that doesn’t feel right. Maybe it’s because of this:

Megan Fox oh no Megan Fox teams up with Giorgio Armani Cosmetics

Here’s the statement from the press release: “[Megan] embodies the spirit of the women of today: free, confident and seductive. Her beautiful features reveal femininity, sensuality and strength.”

Are you buying this? I don’t know about you, but I think it’s a hell of a lot more “confident” to stay away from the knife/needle. I’m just sayin’.

What do you think about Megan Fox fronting for Giorgio Armani Cosmetics?
Who do you think would have been a better choice?
And have you ever tried their makeup?? I DIE.

Nancy Power
Thursday, August 5/2010 at 1:08 pm

I posted not that long ago about the all the changes she has gone through! I think she looks so much older now and has lost that youthful appearance that made her hot to men all over the world. Maybe that’s what they are looking for a woman with an older appearance but this girl is like what 24 years old! More and more it is becoming apparent that natural beauty is not enough for ANYONE in Hollywood!

Thursday, August 5/2010 at 1:31 pm

I know! Those new cheekbones were so unnecessary… and SO aging! I would kill to look like she does in the 2007 pic. Hollywood has obviously gotten to her. She must have a very good agent to land this Giorgio deal.

Emm
Thursday, August 5/2010 at 1:56 pm

megan does look a bit fake now, but so does giorgio armani whats up with the fake and bake and his nose looks done as well.

Thursday, August 5/2010 at 2:00 pm

You know what, you’re SO right. I was so busy examining Megan’s face for surgeries that I missed ol’ Giorgio’s… looks like they belong to the same school of thought on that. (And yes, he must also be taking cues from Donatella on the tanning. Ick!)

jesse
Thursday, August 5/2010 at 2:45 pm

lets hope when they do the actual campaign that they find a make up artist who can match her facial skin tone to the rest of her body because in that first pic, maybe its just my computer monitor, but they missed by about two shades!

Thursday, August 5/2010 at 2:56 pm

Good point – it’s a case of the eagle! (Brown body, white face)
But I will admit, I probably have this too… I’m very diligent about sunscreen on my face but not so much on my body.

makeup morsels
Thursday, August 5/2010 at 9:47 pm

hmm interesting pick. I’m not sure about this. On one hand, she’s got striking features that I kind of associate with Armani’s cosmetics, but on the other hand you made a good point about all the surgery she’s had. I wouldn’t call it a perfect fit, but that can’t happen all the time. IMO the best “face” to line match was Anne Hathaway to Lancome. That was just truly perfect.

Tuesday, August 10/2010 at 1:24 pm

You know what, I can see your point… and Megan doesn’t actually look too bad in the first photo – it’s the scary cat-faced one that disturbs me. But maybe her face has settled down now.

And I agree – Anne H. is SO Lancome in those ads!

Jenncharina
Friday, August 6/2010 at 10:48 am

If I could choose the makeup spokesperson for Armani, I’d choose Cate Blanchett. She’s beautiful, classy, intelligent and timeless. I wonder at the demographic that Armani is trying to reach with Megan Fox.

Tuesday, August 10/2010 at 1:25 pm

Ohhhh good pick – Cate Blanchett is so unreal! Maybe they didn’t pick her because her skin is obviously too perfect to even think about needing Armani’s famous foundation :-)

Alyssa
Saturday, December 4/2010 at 2:29 am

She looks natural and dewy in the first pic the second picture looks so harsh and very aging. If she keeps at it eventually she’ll be another Hollywood clone. I think any celebrity that hasn’t undergone plastic surgery would be better! Unique beauty is IN.

Tuesday, December 7/2010 at 7:12 pm

I agree! I understand the pressure they must feel to “perfect” themselves with surgeries but it’s a slippery slope…