See? Bangs ARE big—Kim Kardashian just got ‘em. Oh, and Hilary Duff went red

Kim Kardashian blunt bangs

That’s it—I hereby declare bangs an Official Hair Trend. Kim Kardashian just got hers (update: okay, so an eagle eye commenter just pointed out they’re clip-ins), and before that I was drooling over Sienna’s (so much so that I got my own). And before THAT, they were on the runway at Lanvin.

Clearly, I need to head back to the hairdresser to get mine touched up now—they just grow so darn FAST!

Anyway—what do you think of Kim’s version?

If I’m not mistaken, she’s had this look before… and gosh, I hope she sticks with it for a while goes for an actual chop. The whole super-long, centre-parted, dropped-out waves thing is okaaaay… I guess. It just feels like every celeb (or in this case, pseudo-celeb) on the planet has that ‘do.

The bangs are just a small change, but instantly make her hair seem that much fresher, cooler, so very fall 2010, non?

Which brings me to Miss Hilary Duff.

Now, she didn’t get the memo about bangs yet—but that’s okay, because this slightly darker, strawberry-coloured ‘do sure is bangin’.

Hilary Duff red hair See? Bangs ARE big—Kim Kardashian just got em. Oh, and Hilary Duff went red

I’ll always love Hil as a blonde, but this softens things up a bit. And I can imagine, living in California where blondes are a dime a dozen, that going strawberry makes you stand out a bit. (Or maybe she’s just getting tips from Christina Hendricks.) Either way, I approve!

What do you think of these celebrity hair change-ups?
Are you considering getting bangs?
How do you feel about going slightly darker or more red for fall?

Jill D.(29secrets.com)
Monday, August 23/2010 at 1:57 pm

i’m thinking her bangs are just a clip in piece, non? either way, it’s good on her. Better than the standard centre part

Monday, August 30/2010 at 3:00 pm

Oops! Clearly she had me fooled! Will update post – thanks. I think she should cut ‘em!

Michelle (LipstickRules.com)
Monday, August 23/2010 at 2:47 pm

I just got bangs this weekend! I was VERY nervous because the last time I had full bangs was when I was 10!! I have to get used to styling them properly though and you’re right re: maintenance. My hair grows super fast.

Monday, August 30/2010 at 3:04 pm

I love the bangs on you, Michelle! You really suit them!

Alana
Monday, August 23/2010 at 4:15 pm

Love, love, love Kim K’s bangs – although I read that they are clip-in! Yours are super fab too!!!!! I’ve been dreaming of bangs for a long time, but I’m scared to commit. My hair grows like a weed AND I have a cowlick. Maybe I’ll just clip some in and call it a day :)

Monday, August 30/2010 at 3:07 pm

Haha – I know, I kind of want clip-ins as well! My bangs never look this perfect.

But if you DO get real bangs, I think the trick is to style them first (while they’re still wet), before you do the rest of your hair. Most people have a cowlick of some kind so if you manage to dry them in a straight-down position while they’re still wet, it will prevent the cowlick from popping into place. I just use a round brush (to give them a bit of lift) and a hairdryer.

Elaine
Tuesday, August 24/2010 at 12:29 am

aw i didnt notice the bangs were clip in until i took a closer look… they`re definitely a different colour.

and on another note , i like Hilary`s hair, just NOT with those red lips. she looks like a trashy neighbour of mine…. eek!

Monday, August 30/2010 at 3:10 pm

Agree on the lipstick – a little harsh when the rest of her look is so casual! Would’ve been better if she traded it for some mascara :-)

tess
Friday, September 10/2010 at 11:20 am

they could be her real bangs. i notice that when i part my hair a different way, it takes a while for the sun to lighten it up to the same shade as the rest of my hair. This is especially true if you have hilights. Kim’s bangs could just be newly cut.

Monday, September 13/2010 at 1:21 pm

I know you mean – but commenters above are right, they’re just clip-in. More recent photos of her show her without bangs… eg: http://kimkardashian.celebuzz.com/2010/09/11/glammed-up-for-gucci-and-fashions-night-out/