London S/S ’11: Twenty8Twelve does EXACTLY the everyday makeup I covet

Twenty8Twelve Spring/Summer 2011 beauty

A lot of girls follow Sienna Miller for fashion reasons, but me? I’m more intrigued by her beauty choices. (But you knew I’d say that.)

As you may remember, when she got bangs, I got them too. Around that same time, she started ditching her Alfie era heavy eyeliner/lip gloss combo for bold, bright lipsticks. Coincidentally (or maybe not), I started feeling like lip gloss was pretty much over.

And NOW… I’m pretty much delighted because we can see the manifestation of Sienna’s entire beauty philosophy on the models at her London-based fashion line, Twenty8Twelve.

Let’s take a closer look:

Twenty8Twelve SS 2011 2 London S/S 11: Twenty8Twelve does EXACTLY the everyday makeup I covet

Those lips! That skin!

First let’s talk about lips. This shade is, in my opinion, the best and easiest type of red to wear (because as you likely already know from personal trial and error, all reds are NOT created equal—not by a long shot).

I call this a poppy red—and the reason it’s so awesome is because it’s got quite a bit of coral in it. You may have noticed, anything coral or orange is going to be VERY, VERY BIG.

Here, it was created using a mix of Max Factor lipstick in Bewitching Coral and Intensely Red. But since you can’t buy Max Factor in Canada (sad face), I’m going to give you another option: my fave go-to red shade, Cargo PlantLove Lipstick in Maria. (Description: “sheer poppy red cream.”)

Cargo PlantLove lipstick in Maria London S/S 11: Twenty8Twelve does EXACTLY the everyday makeup I covetYou can see me modelling it here.

Honestly, this red looks just as good on blondes (LOVE these bangs, by the way!)…

Twenty8Twelve SS 2011 1 London S/S 11: Twenty8Twelve does EXACTLY the everyday makeup I covet

…as it does on brunettes—although this looks like a slightly less coral version:

Twenty8Twelve SS 2011 3 London S/S 11: Twenty8Twelve does EXACTLY the everyday makeup I covet

What also makes me adore this show is the fact that they’re wearing next to zero eye makeup. As in just brown mascara and beige eyeliner.

Quite something, really, when we’re practically assaulted daily by all the mascaras and lash treatments promising to lengthen, thicken, curl and volumize.

Sometimes it’s cooler to be the low-key girl, isn’t it? I also think not wearing mascara (or at least not much mascara) makes you look instantly younger. Seriously—try it and you’ll know what I mean.

Last of all, we’ve GOT to discuss the skin:

Twenty8Twelve SS 2011 4 London S/S 11: Twenty8Twelve does EXACTLY the everyday makeup I covet

It’s luminous, slightly dewy, and kissed with just a touch of bronzer (again, Max Factor—but I’d recommend the bronzing powder from the summer YSL collection if you want a similar, subtle effect).

You’re also gonna need a great blush, one that melts seamlessly into your skin to look like you’re not wearing anything. Not many blushes can do this, so I’ve got to recommend the superior Giorgio Armani’s Blushing Fabric Second Skin Blush:

giorgio armani blushing fabric London S/S 11: Twenty8Twelve does EXACTLY the everyday makeup I covetDoesn’t the whole thing look strangely familiar?

sienna miller bangs London S/S 11: Twenty8Twelve does EXACTLY the everyday makeup I covet

I want to wear this exact look every single day for the foreseeable future. Or at least until another trend comes along.

Do you love this makeup as much as I do?
Do you agree that it’s a nice change for our girl Sienna?
Does looking at these models’ complexions just slightly depress you? Le sigh.

Lesa
Wednesday, September 22/2010 at 2:10 pm

Pretty sure this is Pat’s handiwork. She does killer skin!

Wednesday, September 22/2010 at 2:13 pm

Yes, it’s Pat! Couldn’t find any info on what she used for foundation… all reports just talk about the bronzer. I suppose it’s Max Factor though as everything else was.

Janine
Wednesday, September 22/2010 at 3:51 pm

This gorgeousness is SO you!

Thursday, September 23/2010 at 7:08 pm

Yes—that’s the Cargo lipstick from Cincinnati! I’ve just started blending it with the coral one (Evangeline) and it’s a really close match to this Twenty8Twelve shade. Must put deets in a follow-up post.

Jane
Wednesday, September 22/2010 at 8:43 pm

You had me at the first photo. Wow! So pretty, so feminine and simple! The skin is beautiful. I must try that Giorgio Armani Second Skin Blush, sounds divine. Maybe Guerlain Les Meteorites in Beige might give a magic glow on top?
Ok what lipstick might you recommend to recreate the look in the last photo- the blonde? Wow.

Thursday, September 23/2010 at 7:14 pm

Yes you must! Just confirmed with the PR – they’ve made it a permanent product. If you check it out let me know what you think!

I’ve actually never tried the Guerlain Meteorites… I find the old-lady smell a bit off-putting. :-) I’d probably try a cream highlighter instead of a powder to keep it dewy and “skin” looking… M.A.C makes a good one.

As for lipstick – just figured this out today! I mixed Cargo PlantLove in Maria (the poppy red) with Evangeline (a coral). Both are really pretty on their own too… I’ll probably do a follow-up post with more deets on this as I really love these colours!

Skybluesky
Wednesday, September 22/2010 at 11:23 pm

Good taste good taste! I do a similar look, only with a berry pink lipstain with lip balm over it instead of a poppy red lip. Your face looks so lit up with the Cargo Maria lipstick!!!

Thursday, September 23/2010 at 7:15 pm

Aw thanks! I love the lip stain look as well, and with balm not gloss. That’s usually my go-to!

Jenncharina
Thursday, September 23/2010 at 10:35 am

1st step – Get skin to look like that
2nd step – Makeup

I’m thinking the 1st step is going to be a way WAY harder challenge.

Thursday, September 23/2010 at 7:18 pm

Haha! Well if I could recommend just 2 things for skin it would be a) cod liver oil (even if you don’t have acne it just makes skin GLOW) and b) a product that works on evening out pigmentation – I like Lumixyl (post on that coming soon).

Mellyjo
Thursday, September 23/2010 at 3:32 pm

Lipstick reminds me of Revlon’s One Perfect Coral from the 90s – love it!

Thursday, September 23/2010 at 7:19 pm

I love the classic Revlon shades! Wonder if they still sell that one… I’m a big Cherries in the Snow fan for nails.