A spook-tacular round-up of Halloween hair and makeup how-tos!

Halloween Jack-O-Lantern

So. Have you decided what you’re gonna be for Halloween yet? Tick tock, my friend.

The good news is—like I said in last year’s costume idea round-up—probably most of your look comes down to makeup. And also hair. And doing your hair and makeup is (usually) the easy/fun part.

To help you out (because I am nothing if not servicey), I had a poke around YouTube for some Halloween how-tos… just in case you’re still struggling for costume ideas.

You can thank me later. With candy. (I like Bounty bars!)

#1: The Lady Gaga Coke can hairdo

#2: Katy Perry California Girls hair (just buy a wig) and makeup

#3: Avatar (don’t try this if you want to, um, pick up members of the opposite sex…)

#4: The always reliable (and pretty!) Mad Men hair and makeup

#5: The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland

And now for the perennial favourites…

#6: Sexy Vampire!

#7: Sexy Devil!

#8: Sexy Kitten! (Notice a theme here?)

Are you going out for Halloween?
What are you gonna be?
What do you predict will be the most popular costume of 2010?

makeup morsels
Saturday, October 30/2010 at 12:40 am

hahahha I am a Halloween-colored mask…person :) I just put the look up on my blog. my friend did the full-face Avatar makeup this year, and it looked AMAZING on her

Saturday, November 6/2010 at 3:01 pm

Just popped on over to see – amazing work with the lace, yo! And very cool your friend did Avatar… that’s a commitment! :-)

makeup morsels
Saturday, October 30/2010 at 12:40 am

ohh forgot to ask, what are you dressing up as for Halloween this year?

Saturday, November 6/2010 at 3:03 pm

You know what, I didn’t! I had a big ugly deadline on the Monday and was also sick (maybe from the deadline!) :-(

Ilsie
Saturday, October 30/2010 at 6:28 pm

Thanks Michelle! I’ll try the sexy devil makup!!!! Have a great Halloween!

Saturday, November 6/2010 at 3:04 pm

Thanks! Hope you were the sexiest devil evah!

Skybluesky
Monday, November 1/2010 at 3:56 am

I was a hipster zombie! I predict variations of the Lady Gaga costume as the most popular of this year.

Apparently the end of the hipster era is over. My friends had a zombie-themed party, so I went as the hipster variation. I used my Chanel Rouge Laque in Dragon for fake blood on my face (corners of mouth, bite mark on my jaw)! I know, sacrilege, but I couldn’t put acrylic paint or food coloring on my face!

Saturday, November 6/2010 at 3:05 pm

Oh Em Gee I LOVE it! hahaha that’s an awesome costume idea. (And I love that you used Chanel to execute!)