Gwyneth Paltrow appears to have done something to her face… and like most peeps who dabble with the Bo, I say she looked better "Before"

Gwyneth Paltrow Hollywood Walk of Fame 2010

I don’t know why, but it shocks me that Gwyneth Paltrow would fiddle with cosmetic procedures.

Quite possibly/probably she’s been having work done for years, but it wasn’t until Jessica from Beauty Woo Me alerted me on Twitter to a Hollywood Walk of Fame appearance yesterday that I actually noticed something was… off.

Like, really off. Don’t believe me? Check this out:

Gwyneth Paltrow Hollywood Walk of Fame 2010 frozen face Gwyneth Paltrow appears to have done something to her face... and like most peeps who dabble with the Bo, I say she looked better "Before"

Kind of frozen, right?

Now I know Gwynnie would hate me for posting this unflattering one, but see how something weird is happening with her face muscles when she tries to make a different expression?

Gwyneth Paltrow Hollywood Walk of Fame 2010 face frozen Gwyneth Paltrow appears to have done something to her face... and like most peeps who dabble with the Bo, I say she looked better "Before"

The kicker is this one, because as I mentioned here, we all know what “bunny lines” mean…

Gwyneth Paltrow Hollywood Walk of Fame 2010 Botox bunny lines Gwyneth Paltrow appears to have done something to her face... and like most peeps who dabble with the Bo, I say she looked better "Before"

Apparently it’s not just Botox, though. This piece quotes two docs who think it’s a combination of Botox, injectable fillers under the eyes and cheeks, laser skin tightening and possibly even eyelid surgery.

I don’t have an issue with any of it, honestly—except for the Botox. I am just not down with the creepy frozen look it’s giving her.

Here’s Gwyn back in February:

Gwyneth Paltrow Two Lovers Feb 2010 Gwyneth Paltrow appears to have done something to her face... and like most peeps who dabble with the Bo, I say she looked better "Before"

Hard to say definitively, since she’s smiling in the other pics, but I think her face looks thinner here. If it were me, I’d have stuck with just the filler. You’re only 38, Gwyneth! Let Nicole Kidman be a cautionary tale.

Do you think Gwyneth looks like she’s paid a visit to the Botox doc?
Does she look better Before or After or do you not see much of a difference?
Did you read last week’s GOOP? I can’t get over her telling me to buy $795 Uggs. Please.

Anya
Tuesday, December 14/2010 at 2:14 pm

No, not Goopy! Her face looks so plastic-y and weird. I hope it deflates soon.

Sarah
Tuesday, December 14/2010 at 2:43 pm

Mmm, She does look different…But what’s freaking me out is her hair!!!
It looks like the her last bleach job went awfully wrong, her hair looks awfully broken and electric…

Tuesday, December 14/2010 at 3:28 pm

Agree! Not a good showing all around for poor Goopy.

Ali de Bold
Tuesday, December 14/2010 at 4:05 pm

I’m not sure I see it! Could it just be unflattering lighting/angles? I’m pretty sure I’d look like that if I made those expressions in direct sunlight and I’ve never tried any of those things.

Saturday, December 18/2010 at 1:06 pm

Could be! But I think pic #2 just has something a bit plastic that I can’t quite put my finger on.

t
Tuesday, December 14/2010 at 4:09 pm

Lolz so I’m not the only one who reads Laineygossip, right??? I think I see some “Spocking” of her eye area! BTW Michelle, loving the new blog look!

I’m personally quite skurrrred of injectibles and the Bo, but catch me in 5-10 years….never say never, right? For now, I’ll stick to microdermabrasion. I am going to try IPL laser soon to get rid of some broken capillaries but those two things are as far as I can go (or afford).

Saturday, December 18/2010 at 1:07 pm

Thanks T – bigger changes to come but had to switch a few things around here as they were breaking the site! :-)

I will never get tired of the term “Spocking”….

Emily
Tuesday, December 14/2010 at 6:28 pm

Well, this was CLEARLY not her day… She looks freaky.

Also, what’s with the little barrette – was she channeling the Royal Tannebaums?
I’m 36, and getting little wrinkles on my forehead, eyes – would never do Botox… it’s so wrong looking.

Sara
Wednesday, December 15/2010 at 12:05 am

This is not her best look. The dress looks dated with the key hole neckline (my high school prom dress) her make up is boring and the strong sunlight is very unflattering and not doing her any favors. As for botox, I don’t know if she has but she definitely looks different, maybe she’s just not aging very well. Yes, she’s tall, blonde and gorgeous but it’s a bit of a relief to see she isn’t perfect. As someone already mentioned her hair is sad, much too long and damaged and the kiddy barrette belongs in her daughter’s hair. She looks much better in the shot from February.

Saturday, December 18/2010 at 1:08 pm

Re: not aging well – I just read something yesterday that she has osteopenia which is a precursor to osteoporosis. So maybe that is making her more frail and thin and gaunt… I’ll bet it was caused by her strict macrobiotic diet.

Nadia
Wednesday, December 15/2010 at 3:09 pm

i agree…something awry has gone on here. Why or why do people mess with their faces…especially when they are already beautiful!

Kathy
Wednesday, December 15/2010 at 4:57 pm

There is an unusual amount of tightened forehead. The pictures are just unflattering-period. I am no fan of Gwyn for the most part, but I think it is a bit disappointing if she is going this route. I know she is a big proponent of healthy eating and living and putting Bo- in one’s face does not seem to jive with living naturally. But then again, Madonna claims to be a health freak and goodness only knows what she has injected in her face….??

Janine
Wednesday, December 15/2010 at 6:22 pm

In the “unflattering” photo, she does look like she’s trying to make her face do something it can’t anymore. But she looks the same as always at the Country Strong premiere the next day when she’s doing red-carpet face and controlled lighting — I think people fail to take into account that faces are mobile, and that when they make expressions, certain things reveal themselves.

That said, I have bunny wrinkles when I screw up my face, and I’ve never had Botox. *grin*

Saturday, December 18/2010 at 1:11 pm

Agree – it’s the facial movements and the lighting that reveal the Botox… or at least make people suspicious.

Eyelid Surgery
Thursday, December 16/2010 at 5:33 am

I think she just got botox and still in the treatment regime. So, she has plastic look with weird expressions.

Maria Luisa Gonzalez
Monday, October 10/2011 at 7:02 pm

My nose used to wrinkle that same way when a doctor overdid my face with BOTOX. OMG!!!! I looked dead! No more BOTOX for me…. I prefer to whiten my teeth!!!!