SCORE: An exclusive chance to test-drive Febreze NOTICEables

Febreze NOTICEables

Sponsored

When you think about fragrance, what comes to mind is probably the perfume you spray on your bod every morning—right?

Me too. But there’s so much more to scent than that. Take HOME fragrances, for example. Did you know that the same master perfumers who create some of the world’s finest perfumes also design fragrances for the home, inspired by the hottest trends in food, travel, colour and home decor? It’s true.

And speaking of home fragrances, Febreze makes pluggable air fresheners called NOTICEables that give you long-lasting freshness and actually eliminate odours in the air. Kind of like a double whammy, really. (And speaking of doubles, each scented oil warmer refill contains two different but complementary fragrances, which automatically alternate throughout the day and last for up to 30 days on low.)

Wanna try it? Now’s your chance, because 200 lucky peeps will score a spot on our review panel. Selectees will receive a FREE Febreze NOTICEables Starter Kit in two scent combinations: Morning Walk & Cleansing Rain and Lavender Comfort & Gentle Vanilla.

To apply for this opportunity, complete this short survey. Because *of course* you want your home to smell as good as you do!

PS: You can also trade up from your old pluggable air freshener to a Febreze NOTICEables warmer FREE* after a mail-in rebate. Check out Febreze.ca after Feb. 17th for details.

*Limit one per household. Offer ends 6/30/2012 with your original package UPC and sales receipt.

Meghan
Wednesday, March 9/2011 at 8:11 pm

I have two good reasons for possibly needing an in house air freshener: Cats and stale cold climate air. Winter weather means no throwing open your windows with abandon to let in freshness, and pets can give even the most fastidious home owners abode a kind of musty pet store odor one wants to avoid. Febreze offered me the chance to test drive one of their products – a scented oil warmer, and as I watched my cats emerge from their litter box in the basement I though – you’re on!

The product itself took seconds to activate. The only decisions I had to make was did I want a little scent in the air, or a lot? I chose a little, sliding a bar to over to the “low” setting, figuring I could start small and build my way up to greatness.

I am quite particular about scents and abhor cloying overly synthetic smells, so I was curious to see what Febreze would select for me to sample. I currently have an alternating Lavender/ Vanilla oil scent plugged into my wall and I chose to set it up in the basement where the cats do their magic, the air is the most stale and Febreze would have to work its hardest.

The Lavender/Vanilla combo is surprising appealing if you like bright clean scents. It smells like we’ve scrubbed the basement from top to bottom and the Febreze scent isn’t competing with my perfume or candles upstairs. My boyfriend actually commented on how great the basement smelled today. No more eau de feline. The low setting is perfect – I don’t feel like I’m immersed in a dense scented cloud when I venture downstairs and my cat’s sensitive noses aren’t bothered by the subtle change to the air in their environment.

A lot of people in my family have asthma (myself included) and so far I’ve had no issues with this product. I would definitely purchase Febreze Noticeables in the future, especially considering that the scents are rather well done and I rarely like air freshener smells.

Bravo!

Jen
Saturday, March 12/2011 at 12:11 am

Pros:
- Pleasant scents that covered up odours well.
- Easy to install/simple instructions.
- Adjustable intensity, which is great because my bedroom is very small so I would not want the scent to be overpowering. But I would want a higher intensity for spaces like the living room.
- Alternating scents make it more noticeable. Right now I am using it in the bedroom and usually I would only smell it when I first go into the room because I would get used to the scent. Now I keep smelling freshness once I get inside because of the alternating scents. Nice idea.
- Plug rotates so the unit can always be upright (otherwise it would spill).

Cons:
- The refill caps on the scented oils were very difficult to unscrew. I had to use pliers!
- Bulky, takes up more space on the wall (vs. my old Glade Plug-In).
- Can be spilled if not upright.

Overall, this product is easy to use and can benefit a lot of families.
I usually use Glade Plug-Ins because they are small, simple, inexpensive, and they keep the rooms smelling fresh at a stable but low level. I would say if you don’t have odour issues in your home, you probably don’t need the Febreze NOTICEables. They are good for homes that want a constant fragrance. I live in a small apartment so I don’t need as strong of an air freshener to freshen up the space, but those with houses will love this. It would be especially good for those who have people over all the time; it makes the home seem cleaner because it smells nicer. At least that’s what I feel! Haha :)

I would definitely recommend this to a friend.

Kat
Sunday, March 13/2011 at 6:15 pm

These Febreze NOTICEables smell great! I like that there are 2 different scents going on so they definitely will last longer than what I normally use, Glade Plug-Ins. I cooked Indian food and was pleasantly surprised that they pretty much eliminated any smells. In fact, when my husband came home from work, he said he couldn’t smell the curries at all. BONUS! I think I will purchase these in the future based solely on the odour eliminating powers. I also like the scents, they are nice and fresh and not too strong.

The only cons are that you really have to be careful with the product when changing the cartridge or plugging it into the wall The oil can drip out and create a bit of a mess. Also, the take up more room than my glade plug-ins. Febreeze NOTICEables should be used at an outlet that you don’t plug anything else into, to avoid this problem.

I recommend Febreeze NOTICEables to people who are looking for great odour eliminators who don<t necessarily always want to burn a candle or spray a product in the air. They also leave a nice scent in the air and that makes the house feel nice and fresh. The scent does spread through most areas so you don't need to leave one plugged in the kitchen, hall AND bedroom. I put one in my bathroom and the other right next to the kitchen and I find it enough. No one wants overpowering fragrances! Well, at least I don't :)

Jenncharina
Friday, March 18/2011 at 7:01 pm

My husband and I are consummate cooks. Our house tends to take the brunt of all that cooking. Let me tell you, opening the windows to air the house when it’s -20 outside is not fun. AT. ALL.

On top of that, we have a menagerie of animals – a feisty Jack Russell terrier named Milkshake, a crusty old cat named KitKat and a lovable but thoroughly dumb cat named Crumble. So that adds to the sometimes not-so-fresh house.

Don’t even get me started on our 4 month old baby boy with his umm stinky diaper deposits.

So yes, our house can be a perfect storm of less than ideal smells.

Can I tell you about the squeals of delight when we received the Febreze sample? It was plugged in near the kitchen and the living room. It did a wonderful job of removing the cooking/pet/baby bum smells. Whenever we walk into the house, we’re hit with a fresh smell.

Love love love the Febreze NOTICEables. We’ve gone out and bought a couple more for the rest of the house.

Thanks so much for letting me be part of this trial.

Erika
Monday, March 21/2011 at 9:16 am

I have a small one bedroom apartment. When you dwell with a bunch of other people, you can only control so much of what your environment smells like.

I wanted to try the Febreze NOTICEables because I have used other Febreze products in the past and have never had any issue with them.

The one thing I liked about the Febreze NOTICEables was the dual scents. I wasn’t being overwhelmed with one scent all the time. I also appreciated having control over the intensity of scent delivery. I was also pleasantly surprised that I didn’t find the lavender scent overly cloying! Mixed with the vanilla, it provided my bedroom with a fresh, clean, scent.

Having said that, there were a couple of things that I wasn’t as wild about.

It’s a really big thing to plug into the wall! One Febreze NOTICEables unit will cover up two wall sockets. Not a good thing when one seems to live in a until that has wall sockets in short supply.

As much as I liked the lavender/vanilla scents, there was no way I would be able to sleep with that blasting fragrance all night (I’m asthmatic). I would be lovely if it had either a timer device or sensor device to control how much scent was blasting out as opposed to is always working all the time.

For smaller spaces, the scents may be a bit too overpowering (even on the lower setting), but overall, I did enjoy this product and the clean scent it has provided in my home.

Gimped
Friday, March 25/2011 at 10:52 pm

The product had great staying power (definitely Noticeable) and a nice refreshing scent. I tried the Meadows and Rain and it was a very pleasant scent – I’m not a fruity smell person so this was a great choice. Was a little overpowering when I first plugged in the unit, but I adjusted quite quickly.

Didn’t like how bulky it was – seems kind of large! I also didn’t understand why there was a need for a light on it to indicate when it switches scents – there really is no need for it. The scents may be a bit overpowering for smaller spaces, too. I live in a modest 1 bedroom apartment, and if I had installed this in my actual bedroom it would have been way too much.

It’s a pretty decent product, but I don’t know if I’d recommend it to others. I like prodz like this to be as close to invisible as possible. Who wants to look at a glowing bulky wall plug in?

Kat
Tuesday, April 12/2011 at 12:44 am

Hi Michelle, I am so very sorry for missing the deadline, twice rather than once.. (fail.) I blame the facebooks and whatnot, sometime I forget my email address serves other purposes than to retrieve lost passwords and login to social networks… Anyhow, better late than never, I have tried the product and here’s my review! (Really sorry again, I feel like a jerk!)

Lately, I’ve been soo busy with work, social life and a planned return to school that I’ve been well.. neglecting a few things in the house. Cleaning up weekly and say.. taking out the trash have been some of the chores I just.. conveniently forgot to do. It’s no surprise that when I received the package, I was thrilled to try it right away! I loved the Cleansing Rain and Morning Walk fragrances right away, as those are usually the type of smells I go for. Something clean, subtle and fresh. I struggled a bit to find an available plug for the device, in my technologically cluttered apartment. After a few days, I started having a preference for Cleansing Rain, perhaps because the smell is less grass-y than Morning Walk.

I usually use the Febreeze air effects in Linen & Sky, and anciently favored the Fresh Linen fragrance, but couldn’t find it anymore, so I substituted. I found that for a general, nice ambiant smell, the NOTICEables were better suited, but I still found myself using my usual Air Effects when I needed, say, specific smell relief (bathroom, kitchen, cigarette). In the package, I also got a Vanilla and Lavender kit, but as I’m virtually allergic to floral smells, I gave it to my mom to try, and she thought it was really nice to have two different fragrances in one plug-in device. So overall, I like the product, but I live in a small apartment with few electric plugs available, so although I enjoy having a fuss-free, constant air freshener, I think I still enjoy my Air Effects better than the scented oil dispenser. IF the Cleansing Rain smell is available in a can, though, I’m definitely a buyer!