I got porcelain veneers and laser gum reshaping—and here’s why it was the best damn beauty investment I’ve ever made

perfect teeth

When we talk about beauty stuff, what comes to mind first is obviously the temporary stuff: makeup that washes off, self-tanners that gradually fade, hair colour that eventually grows out. Even Botox and fillers only last somewhere between a few months and just over a year.

But today I want to discuss a more permanent—and I think, worthwhile—investment, and that is in your SMILE. As some of you know who have either written asking for advice or who’ve read the little tidbits I’ve left in the comments, I recently splurged on some cosmetic dentistry that included teeth whitening, laser gum reshaping, tooth reshaping and porcelain veneers. (Eeeks! That sounds like a lot doesn’t it?)

But people? I am absolutely, 100 percent, over-the-moon thrilled with the results. I won’t lie: it was pricey; very pricey (no media discount here)… but I don’t regret spending the money for a single second. Especially because I’d consulted with about seven or eight different dentists before I finally made my decision.

So—by popular request, I want to give you the lowdown on my entire cosmetic dentistry experience: what it can do to transform your smile (I honestly had no idea!), why you need to be careful about who does it, and of course, my own Before and After. Whee!

WHY YOU MIGHT CONSULT A COSMETIC DENTIST

dentist I got porcelain veneers and laser gum reshaping—and heres why it was the best damn beauty investment Ive ever made

In a nutshell, it’s because regular dentists who don’t specialize in cosmetic work aren’t to be trusted.

Sorry, but it’s true. Let’s say you’re considering getting some veneers. Sure, your regular dentist who checks your cavities ‘n stuff may be able to do a decent job… but I’ve seen one too many cases during my eight-month long research process where the results looked totally fake (Chiclet-mouth), or the wrong colour (too white or too yellow) or just the wrong shape/size for the person’s mouth. This field is REALLY specialized, and so you can waste a lot of money by getting either work you don’t need or the wrong kind of work. Things like colour matching, determining the most flattering tooth sizes and doing teeth and gum reshaping require a certain level of expertise.

CHOOSING THE RIGHT “COSMETIC DENTIST”

Okay, wait. I hate to say this, but all of the above problems can also happen with a dentist who specializes in cosmetic work. Case in point: Hilary Duff, who I’m sure got her horsey teeth (since refined) from some fancy-schmanzy Hollywood dentist…

hilary duff teeth I got porcelain veneers and laser gum reshaping—and heres why it was the best damn beauty investment Ive ever made

So even celebrities can fall victim to bad work. And in fact, the term “cosmetic dentist” is a made-up one anyhow. Anyone can call themselves a cosmetic dentist. It’s also a minefield out there. Most of the cosmetic guys I consulted told me I’d “need” to replace at least six to eight of my upper teeth with veneers. Which of course, makes THEM a lot of money, but in fact would’ve made my smile a lot worse, according to the dentist I finally went with.

His name is Dr. Ed Philips and like I said, I didn’t get any special sort of media treatment—although I did discover him via an article I wrote where I needed a dentist as a source. I was so impressed with what he had to say about teeth and anti-aging (check out the March issue of FLARE) that I booked in for a consult, even though I’d been thisclose to booking in with one of his high-profile competitors who was always being quoted by the media.

Well. Let’s just say that media mentions don’t necessarily mean that person is “the best.” The dentist I didn’t go with would’ve charged me $10,000+ and made me sacrifice six to eight perfectly healthy teeth, because I only ended up requiring just two veneers in total (they only do them in twos). Meanwhile, he would’ve had my mouth looking like Sigourney Weaver’s:

Sigourney Weaver purple eyeshadow I got porcelain veneers and laser gum reshaping—and heres why it was the best damn beauty investment Ive ever made

See how the front six teeth stick way out, and the sides are all receded back? Looks terrible, but it’s a real danger with the wrong cosmetic dental work. Too many people are being automatically advised to replace the front six or eight teeth with veneers, instead of their dentists taking the time to customize an appropriate solution that works with the natural curvature of their smiles. When Dr. Philips whipped out some kind of drafting tool to calculate how much my teeth differed from the “ideal” height and width of my teeth measurements, I was sold. It really should be that scientific. (He told me, for example, that with my teeth, my choices were doing just two veneers—or the entire upper 14 teeth. Anything else would’ve been Sigourney-like.)

The other thing that’s important is word of mouth, and also looking at examples of the dentist’s work. You know to run, not walk, if you’re seeing veneers that look either weirdly perfect or not perfect enough. It’s a fine balance.

CREATIVE WAYS WITH PORCELAIN VENEERS

So here is where I show you what I had done specifically. I don’t have a great close-up Before photo, but you can kinda see the problem in this pic:

Teeth before I got porcelain veneers and laser gum reshaping—and heres why it was the best damn beauty investment Ive ever made

Keep in mind that copious amounts of red wine were consumed, so my teeth were looking more grey than usual at this point! But aside from that, the teeth on either side of my two front ones (technical name: lateral incisors) were stubby little things with old bonding on them that was starting to discolour… plus they had rotated over the years so they were no longer aligned in a nice curve beside my two front teeth. NOT CUTE.

Here’s an after shot (which you’ve seen before from this vid):

It’s not bragging if I say he did a good job, non? And I get compliments on my teeth all the time now? I’m just sayin’.

The two veneers were a perfect colour match—which is a skill in itself—and size. Part of the reason it took me eight months to get all of this done is because I’d been sent (by one of the many dentists I’d seen prior to Dr. Philips) to an orthodontist for a retainer that would re-align those two problem teeth. Turns out this was completely unnecessary and I might as well have buried $1,000 in a hole in the ground, because veneers can be fashioned to build up teeth where you need them, instantly. Oh well… live and learn.

All of this was accomplished in just three visits.

THE LOWDOWN ON TEETH-WHITENING

tooth whiteners I got porcelain veneers and laser gum reshaping—and heres why it was the best damn beauty investment Ive ever made

Many of you have asked about this one, and to be honest, I’m still not sure what to tell you. Before you get veneers, you should always whiten your teeth to the level you’re happy with, because the veneers won’t respond to whitening treatments. Plus, you should get comfortable with the idea of regular whitening anyway, because your teeth will naturally get darker with age—and so if you have veneers, you’ll have a matching problem at some point regardless.

The question is whether to have it done professionally or at home. I had professional custom trays made, which you wear for three hours at a time for about a week before the veneers go on and then once a month thereafter for maintenance. They cost around $500, with a tube of bleaching gel about $60 (you’ll get about two uses per tube). It worked for me—but I have ALSO seen great things with plain old Crest Whitestrips. (And on that note, I have some very exciting Whitestrips news to share with you in about a month or so, so sit tight.) My plan is to test both and then I’ll be able to tell you, either way, what works best for me.

WHY GUM AND TOOTH RESHAPING KICKS ASS

gum reshaping I got porcelain veneers and laser gum reshaping—and heres why it was the best damn beauty investment Ive ever made

A little-discussed aspect of all of this cosmetic dentistry stuff is the amazing, incredible things that can be done with lasers these days! Such as reshaping your gums so that your smile reveals more tooth and less gum, as in the pic above. They freeze you first, so while the idea of what’s actually happening is pretty… gross… you actually can’t feel a thing. I had the gumline above my two stubby little teeth reshaped, so that the veneers could be larger in order to fill out my smile.

Also awesome: I’d always had a slight gap between my two front teeth and had been told I’d need to wear a retainer at night for life to counteract it. (Sexy!) So apparently all of the dentists I’d been seeing were either clueless or liars, because Dr. Philips immediately determined that it was because my bottom teeth were too tall and hitting the top teeth, creating the gap. He simply reshaped them to be shorter, and voila! I was able to retire my retainer forevah. I’m still in awe that no other dentist was able to figure out such a simple fix. Buyer beware!

Teeth after I got porcelain veneers and laser gum reshaping—and heres why it was the best damn beauty investment Ive ever made

So there you have it—my epic dentistry post! And a second pic with my hair in a side bun!

Hopefully this has answered some of your burning questions, but tell me…

Are you happy with your smile or would you consider having “work” done?
For those of you who’ve had any type of cosmetic dentistry, how was your experience?
What works for you guys in terms of teeth whitening? Do you go pro or no?

Camille
Monday, May 30/2011 at 6:27 pm

Hi Michelle!
Just wanted to let you know that i’m a new reader and I LOVE your blog! I feel like reading a good friend of mine, who is cheerful, honest, funny and full of good advices. This blog instantly became one of my favorites! Congrats for your really good work!

ps. Sorry for my shaky english, i’m from Quebec :)

Camille

Monday, May 30/2011 at 6:30 pm

Aw thanks Camille, that means a lot! Welcome! xo

Jae
Monday, May 30/2011 at 7:00 pm

Working in the dental field I can tell you that you can get the same results with In-Office Whitening (e.g. ZOOM whitening) which is done in a 2 hour appointment or less and also the take home (custom made) whitening trays that you have made at your dental office. I feel some people think that the In Office methods will somehow make you look like a movie star in an hour…NOT true! There are MANY people not even suitable for teeth whitening, so it boggles my mind that I see you can have it done at many spas, malls or even tanning salons now! Make sure you have a DDS or RDH assess your mouth prior to any whitening procedures.
If you are not disciplined enough to wear your take home trays for 1+hour a night for 7-14 days, then possibly In Office whitening is the way to go…just don’t expect the impossible! (Either way, know that if you are an avid red wine, coffee or tea drinker, you will have to continuously “touch up whiten” your teeth at home over your lifetime) I have also seen many patients that have had great results with the Crest Whitestrips at home (Personally these things make my teeth so sensitive, I cannot bear them) but for some people they work great:) (Personally, I like the take home whitening trays that are custom made for your mouth, they give great results, you are in control and they will last you for years to come)
**For all those people out there looking to have veneers placed on their teeth, like the article says do your research on the DDS you go to! Your dentist must properly assess your bite and smile…and you may need to correct it (orthodontics, adjusting occlusion etc.) prior to being a suitable candidate for veneers. I have seen many people come into our office from other dental practices when this wasn’t assessed/planned properly and the veneers simply won’t last or have to be redone. What an expensive mistake!!

Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 11:35 am

You know what? I’m not an expert by any means but have heard from two people who are that Zoom Whitening is a bit of a scam. Forgot to mention this in the post but I understand it works by dehydrating your teeth… once the saliva re-hydrates the colour comes back. Hydrogen peroxide which is what is used in the professional trays + Whitestrips is far superior.

Agree that getting an expert assessment is key… but like I said, even then you can be scammed. I’m still in awe that all of these dentists were saying I needed ortho (in the form of a retainer) both pre-veneers (to reposition teeth) and post to maintain it. What a joke when my dentist was able to correct it in 10 mins.

Jae
Monday, May 30/2011 at 7:02 pm

Love your website by the way!!

Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 11:36 am

Thanks Jae! x

La La
Monday, May 30/2011 at 7:56 pm

omgggggg….it’s like you’re reading my mind…i have been contemplating laser gum resurfacing since i heard about it…i actually have incredibly straight white teeth (due to my type a love of tooth brushing and braces lovingly payed for by mi padre) however i absolutely hate the amount of gum you can see when i smile…almost everyone says i’m crazy and if you knew me you would probably say the same but i feel like i would like exponentially better with slightly less gum…your cosmetic dentist reco is awesome! and i will def be consulting with your guy when i have all my finances in order! :)

on a side note…would love to see a post dedicated to makeup and skincare for women of colour…while i love your blog and i do LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT and read it religiously….it would be nice to see a post on that since i can’t really find any beauty blogs specifically tailored to women of colour that are as polished or amazing as yours

Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 11:39 am

Lucky you re: straight teeth! The laser gum reshaping actually isn’t that expensive – it’s the crowns that eat up your money (they run $1000+ and since you need at least two…). I believe I paid around $900 for the gum above two of my teeth to be cut away. It’s a little thing but it makes a huge difference.

Point taken re: makeup for women of colour, I will def try to get some more material on that! I tend to write about what I know so this is something I really have to brush up on but bear with me. :-)

Paige
Monday, May 30/2011 at 9:33 pm

Wow, that looks great! I definitely noticed a difference in your videos but I couldn’t figure out what it was.

Nomadic D
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 2:53 am

Your teeth look great, and that’s maybe why your smile always looks so damn lovely. But to be honest,, maybe I just don’t have a good eye for tooth detail, but your before picture looks like a pretty good smile too. The only thing I notice is the coloring. Again, I guess I’m not a good person to judge. I will say that you look especially lovely in all the after pictures, and not only that but you sound ecstatic about it all, which is the most important thing. I had braces (and retainers and head gear… you name it) for 6 years (!) when I was a kid, so the idea of someone poking around there again makes me want to hide under the covers. But I’m all for it in theory!

Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 11:42 am

Yep the colouring is so bad! I cringe a bit now when I look at that Before photo… although in my defense I really do think the red wine was a big factor. But I wanted to give you guys the most dramatic comparison! :-)

I had braces too although no head gear (do they still give kids head gear? They really shouldn’t!). I guess I am so used to having dental issues that none of this fazes me.

shelby
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 3:39 am

I worked in a dental lab for years, a dental lab is different then a dental office, at the lab we do things like create veneers FOR the dentist for their patient. Shading, and sizing of veneers have little to do with the dentist, if the veneer is poorly shaped or a bad color, that is largely the fault of the lab (more so the shape) at the lab I work for, the dentists that send their patients cases to us, will send the patient into our lab for a custom shading (for each and ever veneer) that means we custom match the shade of that veneer to the patient, if the dentist is out of town and we can not do a custom match, it is up to the dentist to take appropriate photos and shade match for us, however the shape and color to come down to the work done by the lab, not the dentist. however once the final product is sent back to the dentist, it is up to the dentist to determine if it is acceptable. so if you see poor veneers, it is not because the dentist did a bad job, it’s because the lab did a bad job and the dentist is either too lazy to care/fix the problem, or too impatient to wait for a new set of veneers for the patient.

on a side note… NEVER EVER EVER get only 6 veneers (for your upper front), it is extremely difficult to blend those anterior teeth to your posteriors.

Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 11:45 am

I think it’s a bit of both since yes – as you say most dentists do the match themselves instead of sending their patient all the way to the lab… but then it’s up to the lab to take it from there creating a perfect aesthetic result. I understand that not all labs are created equal either… so that’s another factor, the quality of the lab the dentist chooses to work with.

And YES you definitely need to watch the final result. Mine were actually sent back the first time as my dentist wasn’t happy with the colour. Also I hear that the colour will slightly darken over about a month after the veneers are put on, as the teeth hydrate.

Thomas
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 7:09 am

Let me start by saying how AMAZING your teeth look! Seriously, you look like you stepped out of a Colgate ad. Not that they weren’t nice before, they are just so refined now! Also, can you clear something up for me about the laser gum reshaping? You said that it can make your gum less visible when you smile, well this is a big problem for me so would it help me?

Huge fan, fellow blonderexic Thomas xx

P.S. Hair update! I don’t know if you remember/care but on one of my previous comments I explained my predicament and you said to let you know how it turned out. Sooo I have bleached it last night – to mixed results. The blonde bits went blonde and the brown bits went orange. Yes, orange. Plus, get this – I’m not allowed to redo them? Yay me right? I’m hoping some sort of blue toner will fix that, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will also tint my hair blue. Hmm. I have yet to put on the golden blonde as I am waiting to get as much of the orange out as possible!

Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 11:50 am

Thanks friend! Yes laser gum reshaping (sometimes called “contouring”) can definitely improve a gummy smile by making the gum line less visible. If you do a Google Image Search you can see tons and tons of Before and Afters – the difference is quite dramatic.

Oh no re: orange hair! Would you go darker? I found this for you: http://www.blonde-ambition.co.uk/backtobrown.shtml
and

Sophia
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 2:31 pm

I had JUST put in my retainer for the first time in years when I saw this article! Hopefully don’t need veneers anytime soon, but trying out Love That White Smile. No wild improvements yet but I’ve still got lots of time before its all used up.

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:37 pm

There’s a new Whitestrips product coming out next month which you will probably like… stay tuned!

Monica
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 6:16 pm

Wow your teeth look great! I always noticed how nice they were in videos & thought “wow those are great teeth”. I want to straighten my bottom teeth but going to have to wait till after my wedding.

Meghan
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 6:54 pm

Interesting article. I’m grateful – I didn’t know that you should look for a dentist who specializes in cosmetic dentistry. I thought it was something all dentists offered and it didn’t even occur to me to shop around. Strange, because I’m normally such a pro when it comes to researching EVERYTHING.

I’d definitely considering getting my smile revamped at some point in the future, when I’m gainfully employed once again. :) I’m going to jot down this dentists name and keep it for reference. Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:38 pm

My pleasure! I highly recommend him!

Kathy
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 8:02 pm

Great smile….you looked picture perfect before..but now – that is tv commercial perfect …I bet you’ll get lots of smiles from strangers!

ANyhoo- thanks for the informative article. I actually would love to get some gum issues done, but $$ as always is the issue.

Makeup Morsels
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 10:31 pm

Your teeth look really great! Thanks for sharing this post with us :) I just got my braces off a year ago…and I’m kind hoping I won’t have to do any more work on my teeth for awhile LOL. They could probably use some whitening though, can’t wait to hear what your Crest Whitestrips news is!

Gimped
Tuesday, May 31/2011 at 11:10 pm

Do you find your mouth feels weird at all after having the work done? I would think it takes some adjusting.

I’m going to need to look into something in the future — I still have a baby tooth kicking around that just won’t fall out! — so a veneer or an implant will be necessary at some point. I also have some crooked teeth on the bottom that I wouldn’t mind fixing … if I can do it sans braces.

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:45 pm

I think it always feels a little different for maybe the first couple of days after you have stuff done, but I think my bite has improved now so it’s all good! And it’s amazing the things they can do now with veneers instead of braces… you just have to find a dentist who knows what he’s doing :-)

Aly
Wednesday, June 1/2011 at 8:03 am

You look lovely with your newly acquired smile =) and i love love love love LOVE your blog! It doesn’t just focus on the most ‘popular’ etc which is great! Also, another guilty little pleasure I get from reading your blogs is that whilst people like Taylor Swift are always being named gorgeous etc, I like that you can bravely criticise where necessary – she and others do tend to go for the same look.

Re: this blog, up to now I didn’t understand how some people just look that muhc better, but now nice to understand exactly what little things add up to an overall well put together appearance and you really break it down well! Wonderful work!

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:45 pm

Aw thank you! xo

misstique
Wednesday, June 1/2011 at 10:11 pm

Hi! just wondering what colour did you get for your veneers?
is it 1m1 or b1?

gorgeous smile!

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:46 pm

Oh I have no idea – didn’t get that involved! :-)

Sharon M
Thursday, June 2/2011 at 12:02 am

It’s a dream of mine to have a nice smile. I was born with teeth noticeably yellower than the average person, and the permanent teeth came in crooked — extremely so. Also, one of my permanent teeth, very close to the front, was impacted and never came in at all. The dentist sent me to an orthodontist in my teens, who recommended pulling out some teeth, which was done, but then my parents never bothered to get me braces (despite the fact that at the time, my father had dental coverage for orthodontia through the Canadian military; let’s just say my father didn’t value a nice smile for me). The teeth never did straighten on their own so I always have a closed-mouth smile, and am terribly self-conscious about it.

I was quoted upwards of $10,000 to have my smile fixed. Some of my inheritance from my father’s estate will be going towards finally getting a nice smile, whatever it takes.

Thanks for this post, Michelle, your smile looks fabulous and hopefully I’ll be as fortunate when it comes time to search for my own dentist to do the work (more than likely in Vancouver after I move there next year).

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:49 pm

Oh wow, $10,000 is steep. I wonder if your insurance would cover any of that? I hope so! That said – like I wrote above, I do think it’s a very worthwhile investment. I was never a closed-mouth smiler but even still with this little tweak it’s made a huge difference in my “smile confidence.”
Good luck Sharon!!

carolyn
Friday, June 3/2011 at 4:43 pm

i would say that my best beauty investment was getting invisalign a couple years ago. I had braces when i was a kid, but i had 2 teeth that were recessed and did not look good. It wasn’t cheap, but it took 6 months total to get my teeth back in line. No one even knew that i had them in.
I wear the trays at night, but the whole process was pretty painless overall (except for the molds that almost made me throwup ;)

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:50 pm

Oh yes those are so gross! They always make me gag.
That’s awesome re: Invisalign!

Chantel
Saturday, June 4/2011 at 10:07 am

Your smile looks amazing! What a great article — as usual! I learned so much…and am so glad to hear you say that it is actually possible to replace 2 teeth — I always hear the same story from dentists — ortho or 6 veneers. So happy to hear another option!

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:52 pm

Thanks! And yes – we obviously had the same experience with dentists. That’s why Dr. P stood out so much… he actually explains his reasoning with measurements instead of giving the standard reco to replace half your mouth with fake teeth!

Reena
Monday, June 6/2011 at 10:11 am

This is indeed, a very informative blog. :) Indeed there’s a big difference for a doctor to be client-centered. Some people are just in it for the money. I’m glad you were able to have a great dentist. :)

sarah
Tuesday, June 7/2011 at 9:48 pm

Hey, I’m actually going in to my dentists office tomorrow to make my veneer decision. 2 (necessary) vs. 6 (dentist recommends) and after reading this I think I might just stick with the 2, something about destroying 4 healthy teeth was making me incredibly anxious. So thank you thank you for posting that pic of Sigorney!

Sunday, June 26/2011 at 1:52 pm

You’re welcome! Hope it works out for you!

Sue
Wednesday, December 7/2011 at 12:00 pm

I have my temporiaries on now and will need to make a decision on color shade in the next week–I love yours! I assume your veneers are one of the bleaching shades, could you tell me which one?

ed
Friday, January 13/2012 at 7:45 pm

there is nothing wrong with your teeth. Your teeth “before” look no better no worse than your teeth “after”. It is all in your shallow head. You should ‘ve spent your money on fixing your brain instead of messing around with your teeth that had absolutely nothing wrong with them. Dentists love to make money fooling idiots like you.

Sunday, January 15/2012 at 11:44 am

Lovely!

Heather
Sunday, January 15/2012 at 3:01 am

I’m gonna say this a lot more politely. I think your teeth before look fine, perhaps needed a little whitening. Your teeth after look almost too even. Just my opinion though. You are quite cute either way! I think ed needs to stop drinking that second cup of troll in the morning.

Sunday, January 15/2012 at 11:45 am

As I explained in the post, the two teeth I had replaced with veneers had old bonding on them – you can’t whiten bonding (nor veneers). Hope that clarifies!

Sue
Sunday, January 15/2012 at 7:22 pm

Hi Michelle… could you tell me what shade your veneers are? I’m guessing BL2 or BL3?
They look fantastic!

Sunday, January 15/2012 at 8:07 pm

I have no idea, I’m sorry!

Harper
Monday, January 16/2012 at 6:32 pm

I have been going on my own veneer journey for some time and I frequently whip out this post on my iphone to show dentists. Thank you so much for your informative post! The slightest tweaking makes such a big difference, and adds that much more to your (already gorgeous of course) visage! I’m an actress so I completely understand the value of the seemingly small but incredibly effective difference it makes in a person’s overall appearance. You look fab!

Rebecca
Monday, April 9/2012 at 9:36 pm

Firstly, your teeth look amazing. I hadn’t seen this blog until I went looking for information on veneers and I’m blown away by your results! My smile is nice (thankfully so after wearing braces for 2 years, not invisilines the big, metal, chunky kind, so you can just imagine what that did for my confidence levels) but not really anything special. My teeth are really small and I know I would have a much nicer smile with veneers, my retainer is see-through but makes my smile nicer when in as it makes my teeth look bigger and the lines between my teeth less pronounced. Problem is, I’m only 18 so money is a huge issue. How much did you pay in total for the whitening plus laser work and veneers to improve your smile? And do they offer payment plans for this kind of work?

Michael Zuk DDS
Wednesday, February 13/2013 at 2:00 am

You had a nice smile before any treatment was started and your comments seem to suggest a bit of an obsession. Many people say a ‘smile’ is the first thing we notice, and it’s not the fine details…it’s ARE you SMILING? Men wonder if a girl is ‘friendly’…it’s that simple. Too many people are spending fortunes thinking veneers are the top choice in cosmetic treatment when most times there are much better ways. Bonding, Bleaching and Braces/aligners are usually the perfect combo for a natural smile.

Melissa
Tuesday, March 26/2013 at 9:20 am

Hi Michelle…What shade your veneers are? I see that someone asked already, would you be able to find out and post here? I am pretty sure, it would be a big help for the rest of us.

Sandy
Thursday, September 5/2013 at 3:42 pm

Your smile looks absolutely amazing. But I really would forewarn everyone about the downside to veneers. Personally, I’ve had veneers twice and absolutely the worst mistake ever. My natural teeth were a lot prettier, than my veneers have ever been. Veneers are irreversible and the procedure grinds your teeth done to stumps. Veneers will also lead to premature tooth decay and just consider it as an early advancement payment for dentures later in life. Veneers do not feel anything like natural teeth, not even the best ones available. Without a doubt, I have regretted my decision and really wish everyone knew the true dangers of veneers.