Glamour Women of the Year Awards ’11: A-list ladies with A+ beauty! Check out Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba and my girl Emma Stone

Emma Stone - Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2011

Okay, I may not have been kind with coverage of our last red carpet event. But either I am in a better mood today or the stars at Glamour’s Women of the Year Awards last night really did pull it together beauty-wise.

It was a very A-list affair, with attendees like the Jennifers (Aniston and Lopez) and a Jessica (Alba), plus Kerry Washington and my beauty crush Emma Stone. Somehow Lea Michele snuck into the party (one of these things is not like the others), but surprisingly she had one of my favourite beauty looks of the night! Come check ‘em all out…

Emma Stone’s eyeshadow is outstanding here.

Emma Stone Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2011 2 Glamour Women of the Year Awards 11: A list ladies with A+ beauty! Check out Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba and my girl Emma Stone

Isn’t it? There are a couple things I want to praise about it. First, it’s in the same tone as her hair, so it’s less dramatic than something with a high contrast. (See, now I have to look for strawberry blonde eyeshadow… does such a thing exist?) Second, I love how the colour is concentrated at the outer edges and extended all the way up to the brows. It lifts the eyes but doesn’t look heavy or too “evening.” The lip colour and messy ponytail are also adorbs, striking just the right balance between dressed-up and not-trying-too-hard. Love you Emma!

Jessica Alba does nerd chic and still looks gorge.

Jessica Alba Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards 11: A list ladies with A+ beauty! Check out Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba and my girl Emma Stone

I have a feeling that in person, Jessica Alba would just take your breath away with her beauty. This isn’t really my favourite look (I’m not a fan of the collar on that dress) but she’s still stunning. I love that it basically looks like she’s not wearing makeup, other than what’s on the eyes. And even there, it’s executed so well that you don’t see makeup—you just see gorgeous brown eyes. I’m jellis.

Jennifer Lopez didn’t Botox the shiz out of her crow’s feet. I approve.

Jennifer Lopez Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards 11: A list ladies with A+ beauty! Check out Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba and my girl Emma Stone

I was sort of taken aback by this pic because I really didn’t expect to see Jennifer with such obvious wrinkles. But you know what? I dig ‘em. It makes her look more real. I don’t doubt that she’s had cosmetic work elsewhere to ward off the hands of time, but this is a favourite trick of dermatologists. You leave the eye-area wrinkles so that you don’t look like a freaky ageless wax figure… but everywhere else gets a jab. It’s kind of nice to see her not looking so overtly sexy as well—but maybe that’s the facial expression more than anything specific about the hair or makeup. She might watch the eyelid shimmer though, as that tends to accentuate creases.

Is this hair barrette too young for Jennifer Aniston? Discuss.

Jennifer Aniston Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards 11: A list ladies with A+ beauty! Check out Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba and my girl Emma Stone

Jen looks so cute here that I totally approve of this hair barrette. (A hairband would be a different story, I think.) Somehow she looks a lot softer (and younger here) than when we last saw her at the ELLE Women in Hollywood tribute. I especially love how light she went with the makeup, and lashes. Less is more!

Kerry Washington is so glam I can’t stand it. (But lose the lashes please.)

Kerry Washington Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards 11: A list ladies with A+ beauty! Check out Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba and my girl Emma Stone

I love everything about this—the tousled updo, the brows, the blush, the lip colour—except for the lashes. Why, Kerry? WHY? If they were half the length they’d look okay, but there’s just no reason to take your entire look into drag queen territory with such obvious fake lashes.

Lea Michele demonstrates the hair you need for Holiday 2011.

Lea Michele Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards 11: A list ladies with A+ beauty! Check out Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Alba and my girl Emma Stone

I am in love with this hair. This is EXACTLY what I was talking about yesterday, and if I may be so bold, it is the hair you should aspire to for the upcoming holiday season. It’s vintage-y, but it’s touchable and glamorous and would go with just about any makeup—although it’s particularly good with a nice brow and lip as shown here. I’m also in love with Lea’s dress—isn’t it beautiful?

Tell me:

Which one of these looks is your favourite?
Do you like how the Jennifers (Aniston and Lopez) are keeping it real with a few wrinkles?
Would you try Emma’s makeup or Lea’s hair?

Virginia
Tuesday, November 8/2011 at 3:58 pm

wow i agree!! they all look spectacular.

Corina's Makeup Playground
Tuesday, November 8/2011 at 4:01 pm

It’s nice to see a human face (aka wrinkled eyes, in this case) on J-lo, I agree. But it’s less nice to see wrong applied lashes:(

And yes, Emma Stone looks absolutely GORGEOUS! I’m in love!

Wednesday, November 9/2011 at 4:53 pm

Yeah, J. Lo’s lashes are not great… but still better than Kerry’s!

CherieJolai
Tuesday, November 8/2011 at 6:02 pm

What’s wrong with a girl playing with glamour for an awards show? I love her dramatic lashes. She paired it perfectly with a soft makeup look to give flair, and flirt. http://www.typef.com/article/differences-between-long-big-eyelashes/

jenny
Tuesday, November 8/2011 at 10:13 pm

i actually agree. i have lashes like this that i wear out for big events. everyone knows they’re fake but i think it’s fun! once in a blue moon doesn’t hurt!

Wednesday, November 9/2011 at 4:53 pm

I guess I just prefer a more natural look than something this obvious. Personal taste :-)

Jody
Tuesday, November 8/2011 at 6:56 pm

I love that rosy pink lipstick on Emma Stone! I gotta find that pronto. I also love Jennifer Aniston’s pink lip gloss. Pink rules!

Wednesday, November 9/2011 at 4:55 pm

Emma’s is probably Revlon – not sure which shade though.

teresa
Tuesday, November 8/2011 at 7:33 pm

as much as i like jennifer aniston’s everything else, i don’t dig the barrette. i’ve been feeling lately that i am past the age for barrettes, and i know she’s a bit older than me. just looks odd.
i love lea’s hair, and will def try to replicate this holiday season…if i get to go anywhere special that is.

Wednesday, November 9/2011 at 4:55 pm

Yeah I know what you mean! But I think she looks so cute and beachy here that I will allow it :-)

Vivian
Tuesday, November 8/2011 at 10:37 pm

I literally gasped and swooned with that first pic of Emma Stone. So fresh and appropriate!!! Totally girl-crushing!

Wednesday, November 9/2011 at 4:56 pm

I know! I fell in love with her all over again.

Meeka
Wednesday, November 9/2011 at 12:20 am

I <3 Emma. So seriously. Also, that blush is crazy perfect on Kerry Washington. She looks stunning but I have to agree about the lashes.

Samantha
Wednesday, November 9/2011 at 2:04 am

i agree about kerry’s lashes, its too much.

Jenna
Friday, November 11/2011 at 2:10 am

Adding my support to Emma’s look, the first photo espesh – just stunning! Re: Jennifer Aniston – is it a barrette, or just two bobby pins?

Elaine K
Wednesday, November 16/2011 at 11:23 am

Woah woah woah, hang on a sec here! I just read that Emma Stone was born in 1988!!! I was convinced she was older (not much older but late 20′s anyway!)

How does she dress older than her years and not look silly?! Especially her hair and makeup which has a much more mature look but doesn’t look like she’s playing dress up. For a random example to compare- Julianne Hough is only a few months older but looks like a high school cheerleader next to her (and not in a good way)!

And on a separate note- to maintain that amazing red hair colour she must have to die it every week yeah? The blond never seems to creep back in and it’s never dull looking.

Okay that’s my Emma Stone study done for one week. I heading to the hairdressers tomorrow with a photo of Elizabeth Olsen to ask for a miracle transformation. Wish me luck!!

Cassandra
Sunday, January 8/2012 at 1:09 am

I like Jessica Alba’s look the best. So natural but pulled together.

JLo looks good too as always.

Aniston…She always looks the same. I’m tired of her look. Same hair all.the.time. And that barrette?? Seriously? It’s cute for coffee or the pub but what was she thinking? Besides, it’s so 1990 which is where she’s stuck anyhow. I’d actually prefer a headband done right. It would look more polished and not as dated. That said, she looks cute, but she could look so much better. I love that she’s sporting some wrinkles, props on that. Same goes for JLo. I saw Gwen Paltrow doing the same and I think they look better than those BOTX creatures. I hope they’re all involved in some normal aging ant-botox-Hollywood revolution!

Kerry looks amazing but I agree about the lashes.