SPONSORED: I received free samples from Procter & Gamble in preparation of writing this piece. This post reflects my personal opinion and was not influenced by the sponsors.
So you know how Canada's weather-predicting groundhogs—Nova Scotia’s Shubenacadie Sam and Ontario’s Wiarton Willie—didn't see their shadows this year? That means we get an early spring (yay!), which in turn means... it's road trip time!
Seriously, I recommend them—after all, a mini-vacay does wonders for a girl's complexion. Plus, unlike air travel, you get to come and go as you please, avoid eating unidentifiable airplane food... AND pack as many products as you like!
Speaking of packing, here are five beauty essentials you'll need:
1. Facial wipes: Is there anything these can't do? Obviously the standard functions—washing your face and/or freshening up an oily T-zone—are key. But you can also use 'em on sweaty pits, a grimy back or sticky hands. In a pinch, they also work to wipe down the car!
2. Antibacterial hand lotion: I'm a bit OCD about my hands when I travel. I like to be clean, but those gel hand sanitizer thingies can be very drying. Which leads to the repetitive hand cream application. So—if you can find a two-in-one format, YOU WIN.
3. Tinted lip balm: Whether you've got the heat or the A/C cranked, spending hours in the car can really strip the moisture from your lips. Also? There's something about road travel that depletes the colour from your face. Therefore, I solve the problem with a tinted balm—it also works on cheeks to add a healthy flush.
4. Sunscreen: Well, duh. Just because you're behind glass doesn't mean the sun's rays can't still get you. Wear an SPF 30 and wear it often (i.e. every two to three hours).
5. Febreze CAR Vent Clips: Let's be real—road trips usually mean your car smells a little less than fresh. Which is definitely NOT cute. So I'm calling this new product a beauty essential: you just clip it to your car's air vent, and it slowly releases a continuous scent (there are five to choose from). In fact, the fragrance doesn't just smell nice; it actually eliminates unpleasant odours to keep your car fresh for up to 30 days (on low, under ambient conditions).
ENTER TO WIN: Febreze and ChickAdvisor.com are hosting a gas card giveaway. Enter now for your chance to win a $50 gas gift card plus a CAR Vent Clip from Febreze!
* No purchase necessary. Limit of one entry per person. Open only to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), must be age of majority. Contest closes April 29, 2012. Skill testing question required. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Total approximate retail value of Febreze Car prize pack is $52.99 CDN. See full rules.