SPONSORED: I received free samples from Procter & Gamble in preparation of writing this piece. This post reflects my personal opinion and was not influenced by the sponsors.
But next up is stocking the car. Creating an ambiance, if you will. And really, it comes down to the three S's: songs, snacks and scent.
SONGS: One of the best parts about a road trip is that you get to give it its very own soundtrack. Hopefully your travel companion shares your taste in music, because it's very, VERY important that you get to blast your music with the windows down and sing along at the top of your lungs. Here are a few travellin'-themed picks:
- "Born to be Wild" (Steppenwolf)
- "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" (Beastie Boys)
- "Radar Love" (Golden Earring)
- "The Passenger" (Iggy Pop)
- "Shut Up and Drive" (Rihanna)
- "Route 66" (Depeche Mode)
- "Drive" (The Cars)
- "Highway to Hell" (AC/DC)
- "Fast Car" (Tracy Chapman)
- "Road Trippin'" (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
- "Life is a Highway" (Tom Cochrane)
SNACKS: Eating on the road is all about minimizing mess and bloat. Oh, and I don't need to be the one to tell you that fast-food joints rob your pretty. So try to pack healthy: bottled water, cut-up veggies, trail mix, grapes (the ultimate no-fuss fruit), pretzels and crackers. Avoid anything that requires cutlery, and if you're bringing sandwiches, skip the soggy veg in favour of plain meat 'n cheese or PB&Js.
SCENT: Here's where Febreze CAR Vent Clips come to the rescue. Not only do they eliminate unpleasant odours instead of just masking them, they also come in five fresh scents (I like Linen & Sky). And they're super-easy to use—just clip one to your car's air vent, and it will slowly release a continuous scent while remaining completely inconspicuous. The fragrance lasts for up to 30 days (on low, under ambient conditions). Sweet!
ENTER TO WIN: Febreze and ChickAdvisor.com are hosting a gas card giveaway. Enter now for your chance to win a $50 gas gift card plus a CAR Vent Clip from Febreze!
* No purchase necessary. Limit of one entry per person. Open only to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), must be age of majority. Contest closes April 29, 2012. Skill testing question required. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Total approximate retail value of Febreze Car prize pack is $52.99 CDN. See full rules.