“Healthy mind, body and hair.”
“I wanted the hair look to capture the simplicity of nature, something fresh and young to reflect the carefree attitude of the Moschino Cheap & Chic girl. Although the collection had a playful feeling to it, there was a more serious message of ‘healthy body, healthy mind’ and I wanted to apply this to the hair look too, which is why we started with freshly washed and conditioned hair. I created a low looped ponytail and loosened some hair out of the loop and as a final touch added a ribbon or raffia bow to create a sense of fun and a link to the collection.”—Sam McKnight, global ambassador for Pantene Pro-V.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Flat to Volume Shampoo and Conditioner to help create the perfect base.
2. Work Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Triple Action Volume Mousse into the roots of the hair while still damp and blow-dry smooth using a flat bristle brush, concentrating on building volume at the roots by lifting hair vertically from the head.
3. Once completely dry, gather the hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with a snag-free elastic, and then loop the ponytail back on itself and tie the end of the tail into the base of the original pony, securing the loop in place, with a couple of inches of hair ends splaying out.
4. Next, use your fingers to fan out the hair in the loop and pull free a small section of the hair from the ponytail so that it falls loose.
5. Take a long length (approx. 50 cm) of good quality thick, shiny black ribbon and tie it around the base of the ponytail in a bow with large loops, and secure tightly in a double knot. Alternatively, to recreate the edgier, catwalk-inspired look, replace the ribbon with a sheaf of straw-like raffia or even a strawberry instead!
6. Finish with a blast of Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Volume Hairspray, using your fingers to gently tease the loop of the pony to create extra volume and texture.