“I wanted to create tension between the hair and the clothing, to inject it with a rawness that would capture the passion and sensuality of a beautiful young Missoni woman at the end of a hot summer night. So I took the idea of a traditional, slick Spanish look with a perfect side-parting and hair smoothed back over the ears and sculpted into a neat bun, and deconstructed it to create a ‘roughed up,’ disheveled effect and a slightly dirtier end-of-the-night texture.”—Eugene Souleiman, global creative director, Wella Professionals.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, and apply Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to wet hair before blow drying hair straight and smooth using a round brush, without creating volume. For hair in need of an extra moisturizing boost, try using Wella Professionals Enrich Moisturising Treatment once a week.
2. Rub Wella Professionals Rugged Fix Matte Molding Crème between your palms and fingers and squash into the roots of your hair all over to create a slightly matted, textured effect.
3. Next, apply Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm to set the natural movement and texture, blasting the roots with a hairdryer to help absorb the product, making it invisible.
4. Although the end look is slightly disheveled, it’s important to start with a neat side-parting, so use a sectioning comb to create this before using your hands to roughly pull the hair back into a ponytail at the nape of the neck, covering the ears. Don’t worry if the hair is not perfectly smooth, as the beauty of this look is in the imperfection. In fact, if you massage the hair with your fingers to create more volume and texture, this will add to the overall look.
5. Next, take the ponytail, loop it back on itself and tie it into the base of the original ponytail to create a bun loop in the hair, with the rest of the of ponytail falling free.
6. Now use irons to straighten the loose ends of hair and add a light mist of Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray to create a slightly drier, rougher texture.
7. Finally, decorative hair combs specially created by Missoni and featuring a snake motif in colours matching the collection were placed in the back of the hair above the bun loop.