How do you feel about Mary-Kate Olsen’s new brown hair?

Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen - CFDA Fashion Awards 2012

Fashion, schmashion! At the CFDA Fashion Awards on Monday night, the big news was in beauty—specifically, the debut of Mary-Kate Olsen’s new brunette ‘do. Worn sleek and straight, it was a sharp contrast to the textured blonde she had that the Met Gala just a few weeks ago:

Mary Kate Olsen Met Ball 2012 How do you feel about Mary Kate Olsens new brown hair?

Weigh in on this celebrity hair change:

Do you like MK’s new darker ‘do?
Or do you prefer her as a blonde?
What about the texture—straight or scrunchy?

Jay Adams
Wednesday, June 6/2012 at 1:33 pm

I really like MK’s hair brown, but enjoy the textured look she rocked at the Met Gala,
Either way the Olsen’s can both pull off basically anything!!

Thomas
Wednesday, June 6/2012 at 1:51 pm

I LOVE it, she looks really clean and sophisticated! I think it really suits her skintone too, and I feel like her eyes look brighter with the brown. On the other hand, what is up with Ashley’s eyebrows??? Gurl looks like a caveman!

Huge fan, fellow blonderexic Thomas xx

Gia
Wednesday, June 6/2012 at 4:07 pm

I actually really like her hair brown, (and not just because it helps distinguish her from Ashley, haha) – it really does make her eyes POP!

Nomadic D
Wednesday, June 6/2012 at 4:42 pm

I actually love that crazy frazzled textured white blonde from the met gala, but the brown’s good too. Can I confess that I just like it when it’s easy to tell them apart by hair color? Am I the only one who still has trouble with that?

Elaine K
Wednesday, June 6/2012 at 5:19 pm

I love it. I think! I’ll need to see more photographs to decide!

I think she looks particularily good here because Ashley has managed to get caught in her first ever bad photo. Her makeup base seeems exectionally heavy/eyebrows are dodgy and she seems to have forgotten how to smile after ten years of pouting! On the otherhand, that purple dress she is wearing is to die for.

But on a completely seperate beauty note- after looking at these two photos I have a sudden and overwhelming urge to rush out and buy a matte lipstick immediately. It looks so so good. And considering I’m a recent brunette convert i think I might suit me! Any recommendations

Elaine K
Wednesday, June 6/2012 at 5:22 pm

PS. I’m confused Michelle (and this is only a niggle) but I thought the Beauty Report section was only for the guest writers and that you were posting under the Editor’s blog?

Lauren
Thursday, June 7/2012 at 2:56 am

I love the brown, but they both look fake tanned, bleh

Meghan
Thursday, June 7/2012 at 7:41 am

I was surprised when I took a look at the pictures. I actually prefer her hair brown! She looks quite striking and her features really stand out more. I wonder what shade she went for, because I love it!

Marina(Makeup4all)
Friday, June 8/2012 at 8:28 am

I personally love it!

Sara
Friday, June 8/2012 at 9:13 pm

She looks amazing as a brunette but was thinking how strange her roots with such light hair will look growing in. She is super loaded so maybe roots are not a problem.

Vero
Saturday, June 9/2012 at 11:46 am

yessssss one for the brunettes! Love it, totally gorgeous. And I can’t tell them apart, either…

ariana grande
Monday, June 11/2012 at 9:04 am

THEY BOTH LOOK OLDDD!!!

qtlol10
Wednesday, June 13/2012 at 3:45 pm

Hate it. I love her hair blond, not like at the met gala, but blond and wavy! She looks best blond.

Friday, June 22/2012 at 3:35 pm

@Thomas – Eeks! The eyebrows! TOTAL caveman, haha. I’m a huge advocate for a fuller brow but even that is too much for me. Wow!

Friday, June 22/2012 at 3:36 pm

@Nomadic D – I always mix ‘em up. I like Ashley blonde, MK dark. Seems to suit their personalities best, and helps me figure out who is who!

Friday, June 22/2012 at 3:38 pm

@Elaine K – Shiseido has some gorgeous matte lipsticks that were launched last year. I’ve tried a lot of mattes but these were really wearable and flattering – not that dry mouth texture. http://www.shiseido.com/perfect-rouge-glowing-matte/9990000000064,default,pd.html

Friday, June 22/2012 at 3:40 pm

@Elaine K – Good question! So much is broken with this site right now that we’re still working frantically behind the scenes to fix…. and one of those things was a tagline for each of the blogs to explain that this one was more for short news pieces (and yes, guest posts) whereas the Editor’s Blog was for my usual long rambling posts.

That said, I may fold them back into one another as we’re still making changes around here to improve the reader experience. So stay tuned and of course always happy to hear feedback :)

Friday, June 22/2012 at 3:51 pm

@Sara – isn’t her natural hair colour brown? Ashley at least looks like she has brown roots…

Lu
Friday, November 8/2013 at 7:14 pm

I’m the only one that thinks that she made something with her face??????
She looks awfull, and I don’t know why. The olsen sisters don’t look similar anymore, why??

hannah
Tuesday, November 19/2013 at 3:19 pm

mary kate changed her nose