Oh.Em.Gee! Charlize Theron shaved her head

First Anne Hathaway, now Charlize Theron. I’m talking about going for the chop—there’s a borderline buzz cut lurking underneath C’s chapeau here. (Via Celebitchy.)

Charlize Theron shaved head Oh.Em.Gee! Charlize Theron shaved her head

Apparently she did the deed last week for her role in the upcoming movie Mad Max: Fury Road.

I mean, I GUESS it makes sense if someone’s gonna pay you millions of dollars to do it.

But still. I miss the blonde lob:

Charlize Theron MTV Movie Awards 2012 Oh.Em.Gee! Charlize Theron shaved her head

Are you surprised Charlize got buzzed?
Think she can pull off short hair?
How much would someone have to pay you to do the same thing?

Vero
Wednesday, June 13/2012 at 10:59 am

I think that woman will rock ANY haircut. It’ll grow into a pixie cut soon enough…is it just me or do celebrities always seem to be able to grow their hair WAY faster than the rest of us???

Katharine
Wednesday, June 13/2012 at 12:15 pm

Surprised, yes. Think she can pull it off? Yes. This nonsense about how “you have to have the right look” to “pull off” short hair as a woman has GOT to stop. And if an actress acclaimed as one of the most beautiful in Hollywood “can’t”, then who can?

In any case — delighted to see a Hollywood beauty defying, even if only temporarily and for a role, the stupid preconception that a woman is only attractive with a big head of long, preferably fake-blonde hair.

Maggie
Thursday, June 14/2012 at 4:00 am

Not to be mean but I’m sure she looks way better than Anne Hathaway.

Meeka
Thursday, June 14/2012 at 10:44 am

Charlize can pretty much do no wrong in my book. She’s incredibly beautiful but I think what I love about her most is that she seems oddly down to earth and really funny when I see her in interviews. I think I prefer her with some hair but she’ll still work this :)

Friday, June 22/2012 at 3:30 pm

@Vero – It’s true. They DO have access to the best of the best when it comes to extensions… and of course, I’m always hearing about some crazy horse pill vitamin thing that makes their hair grow fast too.

Friday, June 22/2012 at 3:31 pm

@Katharine – I totally perpetuate that ‘nonsense’. I’m just a long hair type of girl… But I would never say she’s unattractive without it. Charlize is one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, hair or no hair! :)

Friday, June 22/2012 at 3:32 pm

@Maggie – Yeah, I’m not loving Anne H.’s look right now. But didn’t she also have to lose a crazy amount of weight for that role? So it’s probably the combo…