Modern La Dolce Vita.
“I wanted the girls to look like the stars of a Fellini film, but in a young, fresh way. The collection was very sexy and glamorous and I wanted to let the clothes do the talking, so I created a fresh, young ponytail that didn’t appear over-groomed to create tension between the clothes and the hair—a modern twist on [the] La Dolce Vita bombshell look.”—Sam McKnight, global ambassador for Pantene Pro-V.
1. The perfect base for this look is freshly washed and conditioned hair. Pantene Pro-V Medium-Thick Frizzy to Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner works well to help gently clean hair for a smooth, silky finish.
2. Next, apply a light spritz of Pantene Pro-V Heat Protection & Shine Spray to damp hair to help protect against heat while providing a soft, healthy-looking finish. Sam uses this at Fashion Week on the models’ hair to help counter any negative effects of over styling.
3. To create volume, just at the crown, apply Pantene Pro-V Flowing Body Mousse to the root area and blow-dry in. If you have time, allow the rest of the hair to air dry for a fresh and natural look, or alternatively, blow-dry hair using a paddle brush.
4. Use a medium-barrelled curling tong to add a natural-looking summery wave to the bottom lengths of the hair.
5. Backcomb just the crown section using a fine-toothed comb to create plenty of lift at the roots.
6. Next, using a soft bristle brush, smooth the hair back over the backcombed section and secure in a low ponytail at the nape of the neck with a snag-free elastic.
7. Leave the front section loose in its natural parting and tuck behind the ears, allowing a few tendrils to fall free, framing the face. Pull free a small section of hair and wind it around the base of the ponytail to cover up the elastic, tucking the end in neatly.
8. Finish with Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Style Unforgettable Hairspray to set the style in place.