Are short, platinum ‘dos a new trend? Because look—Elisabeth Moss just pulled a Miley!

Elisabeth Moss - For a Good Time Call premiere

Well! This is certainly unexpected. Elisabeth Moss—from Mad Men—is the latest celeb to go for a radical hair change. And it looks like she’s taken inspiration from Miley Cyrus by going for a modified version of the same platinum blonde, boyish crop that we were just talking about last week!

Although Elisabeth’s is much, much softer instead of punky and spiky and edgy.

Here’s what she looked like just last month:

Elisabeth Moss St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital benefit 2012 Are short, platinum dos a new trend? Because look—Elisabeth Moss just pulled a Miley!

This is a MAJOR change.

Thoughts?

Do you like Elisabeth before or after?
How do you feel about the colour?
What about the cut?

Nancy Power
Wednesday, August 22/2012 at 12:13 pm

I think this looks great on her. She looks fresh and her skin comes across less sallow. It softens her features and makes her look young and fresh! I like it better then Miley’s but as long as they both love their looks then good for them!!!

Meg
Wednesday, August 22/2012 at 1:16 pm

I just chopped my hair off last month and have been thinking about dyeing it a light or platinum blond, a la Michelle Williams. Now, I’m worried I’ll look like a copy cat. :(

Saturday, August 25/2012 at 1:07 pm

Did you see when Michelle Williams had her short hair strawberry blonde? I thought that was SO pretty: http://beautyeditor.ca/2012/01/16/critics-choice-awards-12-the-red-carpet-beauty-round-up-i-spy-lots-of-fuchsia-lippie-and-copper-eyeshadow/

Meghan
Wednesday, August 22/2012 at 2:22 pm

I like the change. She is lucky, she can rock both hair colors! This is kind of making me want to change up my look a bit. Michelle – who is that amazing hair colourist that you see in Toronto? Would he be a good person to go to for some hair color advice?

Saturday, August 25/2012 at 1:09 pm

I see Tony Chaar – and yes, I think he “gets” it. Although I’m insane and brought about 1,000 photos to my first appointment with him to make sure he knew what I wanted!

Gia
Wednesday, August 22/2012 at 11:39 pm

I don’t watch Mad Men and I didn’t know her before this, but I like the color change! It suits her more than the darker hair.

Meeka
Thursday, August 23/2012 at 3:12 am

I hate to be a downer but I don’t like it on her. The length emphasizes the width of her jaw/chin making her face look even wider and I find the color to be a bit too light making her look a little washed out. Maybe a little longer, maybe a little darker. It is cute I just think not the most flattering on her.

Sophia
Thursday, August 23/2012 at 11:19 am

The Mad Men actresses must not have a clause in their contracts about changing their appearance! I don’t hate it but I don’t think it does much for her. That said – neither did the mousy brown. Michelle Williams still does it best.

Cassandra
Saturday, August 25/2012 at 3:09 am

I don’t like it. There, I said it. I feel so bad. She looks so different. She looked like the 20ish girl next door before and now she looks like a harried housewife who is almost 40. It’s aging and makes her bone structure look off, like she’s saging (age) or gained a lot of weight.