Jewelled, graphic eyebrows with nude skin.
"The inspiration for the makeup look came from a few key words and a sketch that Karl Lagerfeld provided: minerals, shading and eyebrows were the key words and the sketch showed a face with stone-lined eyebrows. So the focus is on the eyebrows, which led me to interpret Karl’s drawing and the 'mineral' emphasis by creating straight, graphic eyebrows. I worked with the Maison Lesage to create sets of embroidered eyebrows. Each eyebrow consists of an anthracite gray sequin and pearl base, embroidered with several sorts and shades of mineral stones and crystals. The rest of the face I kept nude, so as to keep the focus on the eyebrows."—Peter Philips, global creative director of makeup at Chanel.
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum — to prepare the skin
- Chanel Mat Lumière Foundation and Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder — for a matte complexion
- Chanel Éclat Lumière Highlighter Face Pen
- Chanel Correcteur Perfection Long Lasting Concealer
- Chanel Ombre Contraste in Notorious — to shade and sculpt the face (created exclusively for the show; available fall 2012)
- Chanel Le Crayon Khôl Intense Eye Pencil in Clair
- Chanel Recourbe Cils de Chanel Precision Eyelash Curler
- Chanel Ombre Contraste in Notorious — applied to the eyelids (created exclusively for the show; available fall 2012)
- Embroideries made by Maison Lesage specially for the show
- Chanel Rouge Coco Baume (from the spring 2012 collection)