A textured chignon.
“[I] wanted to complement Emily’s soft, gray gown with a style that was equally modern and romantic. We opted for a lovely, textured chignon with side-swept bangs to really bring the look together.”—TRESemmé celebrity stylist John D.
1. Prep towel-dried hair with TRESemmé Smooth Salon Silk Serum and TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse. Combine both products in the palms of your hands and apply to hair from roots to ends using your fingertips.
Pro tip: Use a combination (cocktail) of products to achieve styling results simultaneously (e.g. shine, volume and smoothness).
2. Blow dry hair using a round brush.
3, Take 1-2 inch sections of hair and curl with a small barrel curling iron, spraying each section with TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray to protect from heat.
4. Once all hair is curled, allow the curls to cool before brushing through with a small bristle brush.
5. Gently back brush the hair for added volume and texture.
6. Create a deep side part and pull all the hair into a loose ponytail at one side of the nape of the neck. Secure with an elastic band.
7. Twist the ponytail into a full chignon at the nape, securing with bobby pins.
8. Complete the style with a spritz of TRESemmé TRES Two Ultra Fine Mist Non-Aerosol Hairspray to help add shine and keep the look in place.