“We were channelling a ‘Midnight in Paris‘ look. We wanted something more polished and perfected so we all decided on a finger wave look, which isn’t easy to create. I literally painted her hair with the curling iron. It was like drawing a picture, with hair.”—celebrity stylist Riawna Capri of Nine Zero One Salon for Wella Professionals.
1. Apply Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm to wet hair before blowing it out with a round brush.
2. Once the hair is dry, divide it into 2-inch sections, spraying each section lightly with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray before curling.
3. To create the sleek curls that lay close to the head, hold the iron vertically and curl 2 inches clockwise, then the next 2 inches counter-clockwise. Then curl the remainder of the hair clockwise.
4. Once all the waves are in place, lock in the look with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray.
5. For red carpet-worthy shine, finish the look with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray.