Guess who just chopped off all her hair? Karlie Kloss!

Karlie Kloss - LACMA Art and Film Gala 2012

Karlie Kloss says she “needed a change.”

So she followed in the footsteps of other models before her—Linda Evangelista, Agyness Deyn, Arizona Muse—and had her hair cut into this chin-length bob ‘n bangs:

Karlie Kloss haircut November 2012 Guess who just chopped off all her hair? Karlie Kloss!

(Photo via Vogue UK.)

Shocked? Not shocked?

I think she looks 12—which is not necessarily a bad thing, although it’s personally my main reason for never venturing above my shoulders. (However: that will quite possibly that will change as the years go on. Ha!)

I figure supermodels are super-human when it comes to their good looks, so they can pretty much do what they like with their hair and it doesn’t even matter. That said, Karlie debuted this cut right before last night’s Victoria’s Secret fashion show, which as you know is a place where long, seksi, voluminous, long, bouncy… and did we mention LONG hair reigns supreme?

Apparently lingerie models can’t have bobbed hair, though, which is why the producers made her wear extensions. Check ‘em out in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show gallery!

Now tell me:

What do you think of Karlie’s new haircut?
Do you think she looked better before or after… or does it even matter when we’re dealing with a supermodel here?
Are you feeling inspired to maybe cut your hair too?

Sophia
Thursday, November 8/2012 at 1:56 pm

I might be biased because I chopped mine to a very similar cut a couple years ago, but I say good for her for ditching the same-old long beachy look. Too many women think they can only be hot/girly with long hair. Countless times I’ve heard friends say “omg it’s soo short”after getting a trim off their past-the-shoulders locks. Puh-leeze.

Also, she probably looks less tween-y when you can see the model bod.

Tuesday, November 13/2012 at 10:36 am

I will shamefully admit that I am TOTALLY one of those girls who says that! *ducks*

Monica
Thursday, November 8/2012 at 2:47 pm

I love short hair but agree she looks 12 years old. However, she also is not styled. That cute short bob must look super sexy when blow dried sleek!

rachie
Thursday, November 8/2012 at 3:55 pm

i love it when someone isnt afraid of change! shes tall and slender so the bob cut will look super cute on her. esp with edgy clothes

and boo to victorias secret for (once again) trying to declare short hair as un-sexy. its almost as if VS is a company for MEN, despite the fact that the people who are wearing their items are women. ew.

oh and their bras are overpriced for the quality you get.

Sophia
Friday, November 9/2012 at 12:07 pm

You hit the nail right on the head – VS targets men so women end up wanting to emulate the models because guys like them.

Tuesday, November 13/2012 at 10:46 am

I think they look amazing from the neck up… but there’s something slightly off-putting (to me at least) about the majorly pushed-up breasts and six-pack abs. There’s no softness to their bodies…

Tuesday, November 13/2012 at 10:38 am

I wonder what percentage of their sales are from men buying the lingerie for their wives/girlfriends. If it’s higher than women buying it for themselves then it would all make sense…

Alison
Thursday, November 15/2012 at 12:31 pm

Worst bras ever. None of them fit me, not even the PINK ones (I’m a 30D) and they get stretched out and fall apart fast. I’m sure it IS a brand for men, as in what women should wear FOR men.

Short hair can be seriously sexy, especially in a place full of hair that all looks the same. I, personally, don’t get it. The girls are gorgeous, and the fashion show is fun to watch, but it’s little things like this that puts me off of VS.

Leah
Thursday, November 8/2012 at 8:12 pm

Wow she does look so young with short hair!! But I also think she looks a lot more high fashion! I think this could potentially open up doors for her career wise. And good on her – so sick of the ‘only girls with long hair are hot’ thing. I have copped it for about 7 years after chopping off my long hair for 5, and then growing it back over the last two. Everyone says “You look SO much better now” as though I was completely hideous with short hair!!!

Tuesday, November 13/2012 at 10:46 am

I agree it’s a great career move!

Elaine K
Friday, November 9/2012 at 8:05 pm

She cut her hair the night BEFORE a VS fashion show?! They must have had a heart attack. Surely it’s in her contract to not change her image too drastically?

Tuesday, November 13/2012 at 10:48 am

I know, right?! I guess you know you’ve made it when you can cut your hair off the night before a VS fashion show…

JoeH
Wednesday, January 23/2013 at 9:17 pm

Hideous, awful, terrible. She went from a smokin’ “10″ to a drab “4.” What a shame…

dave webster
Wednesday, January 23/2013 at 10:07 pm

A guy who prefers short hair on women, and am glad she ditched that long mess, but sorry she looks lame in that after photo. C’mon girls, let’s find something short and sexy!

Cathy Power
Thursday, January 24/2013 at 11:44 am

i liked it better long,i recently cut mine this length,and i don’t like mine either,but the good thing is,it is healthier and will be long again for summer

forreal?
Thursday, January 24/2013 at 2:06 pm

Looks better with long hair. Her bob with bangs looks messy and boring. I wore that hairstyle as a child.

delta
Monday, March 18/2013 at 4:07 pm

Gorgeous short!!! I am blown away! She looks so good that way!! It reminds me of drop dead knockout model peer Milla Jovovich who you will also see in that bob look. It really works for her: the all american girl next door look needed some spicing up! I agree with the above comment about the fake boobs . . . the vs angel look is so boring to me- the 6 pack abs and push up bras. I hope karlie can inject some fresh look into it. I wish they had let her stride down that runway with her short hair. She is the top of the game editorially. She is a supermodel, basically, she’s not some nobody – she’s a Vogue darling, an Italian vogue favorite, a top Models. Com ranked beauty. so the Victorias Secret people should really be thanking their gods that they have this beautiful long legged amazon like Karlie to wear their lingerie and make it look so fabulous. Some people think she is to couture and high end to be an mainstream Angel, but I think she can make it as an angel. She is that beautiful. Good luck, Karlie!! Work it girl . . .