Natural skin and lips with glamorous cat eyes.
“Pink’s beautiful bronze leather and chiffon dress was modern and strong, yet feminine, so we wanted to do a makeup that reflected that: a simple, pared down but glowing, glamorous beauty look. We’ve been doing a lot of smokey eyed looks lately, so thought we’d mix it up and do a look that felt a bit like old Hollywood glamour, but in a modern way with [a] focus on the eyes, especially the lash line and lashes.”—makeup artist Kathy Jeung for CoverGirl.
1. Apply foundation using a foundation brush and then further blend it with a moistened sponge.
2. Set with a light dusting of CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder around the T-zone. (For touch-ups, use CoverGirl Clean Oil Control Pressed Powder.)
3. Apply CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Natural Twinkle on the apples of the cheeks and blended outward and up.
4. Then apply a shimmery bronzer, CoverGirl Cheekers Bronzer in Golden Tan, along the upper outer cheekbone area and also on the outer temples (the upper sides of the face near the eyes).
1. Define the eyebrows with a few soft strokes of CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers Pencil in Soft Blonde, and then brush them into place with CoverGirl Professional Natural Lash Mascara.
2. Apply CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Champagne all over the lids and on the brow bones.
3. Next, apply a bronze shadow, CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Mink, into the crease and blend well.
4. Along the outer corners of the eyes, use a metallic colour such as CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Tapestry Taupe.
5. To get depth along the lash line, use CoverGirl LiquilineBlast Eyeliner in Black Fire to draw a bit of a cat-eye shape at the outer corners, then smudged. To further define define the line, use CoverGirl LineBlast 24HR Eyeliner in Enduring Black on top in a thin line along lash line.
6. Along the outer lower lash line, I use CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Tapestry Taupe to accent the cat-eye shape.
7. To add a little more dimension and to further blend, use a medium fluffy brush to add CoverGirl Cheekers Bronzer in Golden Tan in the area around the brow bone.
8. Over curled lashes, apply two coats of CoverGirl LashBlast Clump Crusher Mascara in Very Black on the top lashes. Use two coats of CoverGirl LashBlast 24HR Mascara on the lower lashes.
1. Prepare the lips with a lip balm and let it absorb into the lips.
2. Define the lip edges with CoverGirl LipPerfection Liner in Smokey.
3. Apply CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolour in Faint Hue. Let it set, and then apply the corresponding clear lip gloss over the top to add more shine.