"New World Power:" smooth, sleek and perfect-looking hair with a long six-strand braid attached to a perfectly placed small bun.
“The clothing collection this season is very expensive-looking and features a lot of black and gold, with a feeling of luxury to it. I wanted to create a hair look that was rich and sexy. My inspiration comes from a lot of places; a kind of melting pot of African, Asian, Egyptian, Arabic, and just a touch of ‘ghetto fabulous.' I wanted the hair to be viewed as an accessory to the collection, which is why I created a long rope braid that almost looks like a piece of jewellery."—Eugene Souleiman, global creative director, Wella Professionals.
1. Start with clean, freshly washed and conditioned hair. (Here, Souleiman used Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner.)
2. Smooth Wella Professionals Flowing Form Smoothing Balm on to the roots of the hair and using a flat brush, blow dry hair away from the face and up from the nape of the neck.
3. Section out a circular section of hair from the crown of the head and secure in a ponytail right on the crown of the head.
4. Take the front section of hair and pull upwards while brushing with a soft bristle brush and spraying with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray. Continue to brush and spray until the hair is perfectly straight with no fly-aways.
5. Repeat this process with the back section of hair (this is where you need two pairs of hands!). Join the front and back sections together with the original ponytail and tie together on the crown of the head. Add more hair spray and brush away any loose hair so that the hair is completely smooth.
6. Twist the pony tail loosely and pin in to a secure bun.
7. For a final glossy finish, spray with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray.
8. Take a pre-made long braid and securely attach it to the bun. At the show, Souleiman did this by ‘sewing’ it in to the hair with elastic.
9. Finish off with some more Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.