A casual, textured chignon.
Julie likes to feel comfortable and like herself when walking the red carpet, so Wella Professionals celebrity stylist Jill Crosby created a textured chignon knot that embodies her natural, yet modern style. Julie's one-shouldered gown balances this deconstructed hairstyle.
1. Starting with wet hair, work in a quarter-sized amount of Wella Professionals Enrich Straight Leave In Cream, focusing on the ends to infuse moisture and “bring hair back to life.”
2. Rake through three pumps of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to prime the hair and give it a smooth texture before blow-drying with a large round brush. While drying, focus on adding volume and lifting the roots.
3. Once dry, spray Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray throughout and Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray at the roots for added lift and a matte finish to achieve the deconstructed look.
4. Using a flat iron, straighten pieces of hair at the fringe and underneath the length of the hair near the nape of the neck. Back-comb the interior of the hair for added volume. Sweep the fringe to the side and secure it in the front.
5. Separate the hair into two sections and then pull them toward the middle of the back of the head into a knotted chignon. Secure into place with pins hidden underneath the knot.
6. Finish the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray sprayed throughout to set the style.
7. Add a few drops of Wella Professionals Mirror Polish Shine Serum to add smoothness and a glossy shine.
8. Spritz with Wella Stay Essential Finishing Spray for lasting but flexible hold.