A new take on the classic Marcel wave, with a small, loose, twisted bun placed on the side of the nape behind the waved detail. The bun was tied tight and low and held in place with small golden bobby pins.
“It was such a special gown—off the shoulder with a beautiful flow of fabric—that I definitely wanted to accent that glamorous nuance. I wanted to create a sense of freedom so the hair didn’t look like a set. [The] hair on top was smooth, with the waved detail starting three inches from the root. I really liked the way it fell, and kept the entire look soft. The style had to emphasize shine to reflect the light, and define the detail in a silky-looking way. This allowed for a lighter, messier look without appearing disheveled.”—hairstylist Laini Reeves for Moroccanoil.
1. Shampoo with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner to give shiny volume without any weight.
2. After creating a side part and brushing the hair into place, blow-dry it using your fingers. Place a clip in the spot where you want the wave to start (about three inches from the root).
3. Lightly mist with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray from roots to ends for a natural-looking, luminous shine.
4. Use a large crimping iron to form the wave, taking two-inch vertical sections and starting at a face-flattering point alongside the corner of the eyebrow.
5. Spray the rest of the hair again with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray and brush it through with a soft bristle brush. Pull the hair to the lower right side of the nape.
6. Make a ponytail (fasten with a hair elastic) and then twist the hair around your fingers and roll it into a little bun. Secure with gold bobby pins.
7. Once the bun is made, you can decide how loose or messy to make it. Here, Amy’s is kept airy for a textured, modern look.
8. Spray Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium on the entire look for a natural-looking hold with shine.