A modern interpretation of side-swept Old Hollywood waves.
“For the Screen Actors Guild Awards, I was inspired by Old Hollywood glamour. So I wanted Jennifer’s hair to show that influence and inspiration, but I wanted it to be young and very modern as well.”—Dove celebrity stylist Mark Townsend.
1. On damp hair, apply a nickel-sized amount of the new Dove Color Care Leave On Conditioner for added moisture and protection.
2. Load the hair with Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Mousse and blow-dry with a large round brush.
3. To create a loose wave, wrap sections of hair varying from 2 to 5 inches around a 1 1/4 inch curling iron, leaving the ends out.
4. Take a small amount of Dove Style+Care Frizz-Proof Cream-Serum in your hands. Rub them together and then rake your fingers through the waves to break them up and give the hair amazing shine.
5. Take your hair from the right side, twist it, and then pin it in the back with a few bobby pins.
6. To give the hair a cool, lived-in texture, spray Oribe Dry Texture Spray from mid-length to ends and scrunch with your hands.
7. Finish by spraying Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray liberally all over to keep your hair in place all night and give it even more shine.