An extended, elongated updo reminiscent of Queen Nefertiti.
“The Mary Katrantzou collection was slick, graphic and very conceptual and I wanted to create an elegant, almost couture-like style to bring a sense of sharpness into the look. There is a tension in the hairstyle, lifting the face and giving the girls beautiful bone structure, adding a richness and refinement to the look.”—Eugene Souleiman, global creative director of care and styling for Wella Professionals.
1. Start with clean, freshly washed and conditioned hair (try Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner).
2. Spray Wella Professionals Create Character Texturizing Spray into the roots of the hair and blow dry with a soft bristled brush, pulling the hair back and away from the face.
3. Section off the back of the head from ear to ear across the center of the crown and clip the front hair out of the way.
4. Tie the section at the back of the head into a ponytail and backcomb small sections of the ponytail to create volume. Then roll into a bun and pin in place on the head.
5. Section the remaining hair into three: two side panels and one in the centre.
6. Take one side section and make it as sleek and tight as possible. Spray Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray to give sheen and to help the brush glide through the hair.
7. Spray the hair with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray close to the roots so that the hair is wet, and create tension in the hair by brushing and pulling the hair back at the same time.
8. Repeat on the other side section.
9. Tie them into place around the bun.
10. Take the top section and working from the crown towards the front of the head, use the same technique, alternating Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray.