Pantene has a brand new collection—and YOU could be one of the first to try it!

Pantene Expert AgeDefy collection

SPONSORED: People in the beauty business—including me—love to talk about “fighting the signs of aging.” Man, I think I’ve written a variation of that sentence about 947 times in my career as a beauty editor, and almost exclusively on the topic of skincare. But you know what? Hair gets old too, and I’m not just talking about getting greys. Breakage, split ends, frizz, thinning, dryness and dull colour are all fun parts of the aging process too. Thanks, Mother Nature!

Now, if you’re anything like me, you’re well-stocked in anti-aging skincare products… but haircare? Not so much. That’s why my little beauty editor nerd self was totally intrigued when I heard about Pantene’s newest launch: AgeDefy from the new Pantene Expert collection. It’s comprised of a shampoo, conditioner, masque and thickening treatment—and is the first and only hair line from mass to address an impressive list of aging concerns. Like, seven of them. It reduces breakage; prevents split ends; tames frizz; controls unruly greys; minimizes lacklustre colour; and minimizes dryness and thin-looking hair.

Impressive, non? Actually, it really IS.

My first experience with AgeDefy was with Pantene Pro-V Consulting Stylist Justin German, who washed and styled my hair with the products, and then gave me a wicked bouncy blowout.

Justin German Pantene has a brand new collection—and YOU could be one of the first to try it!

Here’s the before:

Pantene before Pantene has a brand new collection—and YOU could be one of the first to try it!

And the enhanced-with-fuchsia-lipstick after:

Pantene after Pantene has a brand new collection—and YOU could be one of the first to try it!

My hair felt and looked amazing for three days after this… but I know what you’re thinking. Any good blow-dry can make your hair look nice. It’s what I was thinking too.

The REAL test was how the products performed at home. So I did two experiments. First, I used the shampoo and masque—both of which look, feel and smell like some kind of luxe banana pudding—and then sprayed the Advanced Thickening Treatment on my roots before blowing my hair dry. The Thickening Treatment has an awesome dispenser that really helps you get the product on your scalp before massaging it in… and then it thickens by increasing the diameter of your individual hair fibres. (For women in their 40s and beyond, the formula—which contains caffeine, niacinamide and pathenol—actually produces a hair diameter effect of someone 10 years younger!) I’m not going to say my blow-dry skills are anything like Justin’s, but I did have a particularly great hair day. Normally it’s a trade-off for me between thickness and smoothness, but for once I had both. Both!

The second experiment was with just the shampoo and conditioner… and the way I usually dry my hair, which is naturally. (Yep, I’m lazy like that.) But Oh.Em.Gee. Normally, air-drying leaves me with thickness that could also be described as “frizz” and “tangles.” Not with this good stuff. I can’t stop touching my hair—it feels silky yet strong, exactly the way children’s hair feels before it’s been ravaged by years of heat-styling, colouring and, well, this ol’ aging process.

Pantene says AgeDefy can make hair act up to 10 years younger… and I’m a believer.

Wanna try some too? Pantene is giving 25 BEAUTY EDITOR readers the chance to test-drive the AgeDefy collection.

To apply for this opportunity, complete this short survey.

You have until Sunday, March 17th to enter. Here’s to younger-looking hair!

Sophia
Monday, March 4/2013 at 12:54 pm

I’m totally cool with reading sponsored posts when it means seeing pictures of your hair (which looks gorge)

Thursday, March 7/2013 at 4:44 pm

Aw thank you! I feel like I have a bit of a double chin in these – the photographer was much shorter than me! haha.

Kate
Tuesday, March 5/2013 at 1:58 pm

This is not really featured-product related, but I am really in love with your current colour right now.

Thursday, March 7/2013 at 4:45 pm

Thank you! If you’re in Toronto, go to Tony Chaar – he’s the best at colour, hands down. Took me my entire beauty editor career to find him and now I will never cheat :)

Rajbinder
Wednesday, March 6/2013 at 12:10 pm

I’m up for having my hair feel 10 years younger!! Sign me up! Love your lip colour!

Thursday, March 7/2013 at 4:45 pm

Awesome! And thank you – it’s Mary Kay, can you believe it?

Maria C.
Friday, April 12/2013 at 4:30 pm

I’ve been using the collection for about a week now and am delighted by the results. After the age of 35 I noticed the texture of my hair starting to change. I’m not sure if it’s age or years of dying and heat styling but it’s definitely different! It has become courser and more frizzy. The collection has made improvement in the texture, for sure. It is smoother, softer and overall healthier looking. I’d call it “glossy”, even! The conditioner is especially wonderful. It gives the hair a feeling of being coated in silk without being heavy or greasy. The fragrance of the shampoo and conditioner is positively lovely: very clean smelling! Unfortunately, I haven’t notice any change in the thickness of my hair after using the thickening treatment. I will continue to use the shampoo and conditioner and will definitely recommend it to friends & family.

Nicole S
Sunday, April 14/2013 at 10:33 pm

I have been using the system for 2 weeks now and I am loving it. The thickening serum is so easy to use and makes a noticeable difference. I will definitely continue to use it and I have since even gotten my husband hooked!

Linda Grimster
Friday, April 19/2013 at 2:13 pm

I started using the Pantene Expert Series AgeDefy collection on April 2, 2013, and I must say, this series which includes the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Shampoo, the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Conditioner and the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Advanced Thickening Treatment is truly an astounding and amazing Series Patene has come up with to help fight and combat the aging of the hair of older individuals whose hair not only has turned or is turning gray and is damaged, breaking and thinning but also helps to bring back hair to its natural younger state and seems to reverse the problems we seem to encounter with our hair as we get older. Using the whole series together has truly made my hair not only look and feel silky smooth but makes it appear fuller and like it did when I was much younger. Patene states that it could make your hair look and feel 10 years younger and, you know, that is definitely true. I had just coloured my hair before starting to use the product and I found that my hair was not only thinner from the colouring but unruly, damaged, dry and fly away. As the years have gone by, I have found my hair has become much thinner, flyway, frizzy and much more difficult to manage and, when you add the damage of colouring, it really makes the hair much more unmanageable, frizzy and dry, and it can be a real chore to get the hair to look the way you want it to look. From the first, when I used the shampoo, I found it had a lovely, fruity scent with a silky feel and texture to it. The shampoo lathered nicely and you just needed to use very little of the shampoo to get it to lather up. After rinsing the shampoo, I already felt my hair seemed to not be as rough feeling and seemed smoother somehow. Next, I used the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Conditioner. Again, this conditioner has a fantastic, fruity scent, is very silky to the touch and I found I only needed to dispense very little into my hand. I rubbed it between my hands and applied it to my hair and left in on for any where from 2 to 3 minutes as I have heard you should leave conditioner on for this length of time to be of any benefit. The conditioner right away detangles any tangles in the hair and makes the hair feel silky and smooth. After rinsing, drying the hair with a towel and combing out the hair, I applied the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Advanced Thickening Conditioner. I applied this close to the roots and rubbed it into the hair and scalp, massaging as I did so. When using this Thickening conditioner, I would often just let my hair dry naturally and I found my hair appeared much fuller and thicker, smooth and frizz free and I had no flyaways. I would, however, at other times blow dry the hair after applying this Thickening Conditioner and found that made the hair even fuller and brought out some of my natural curl. My hair looked absolutely amazing. Other times, I would shampoo, condition and let the hair dry naturally and then apply the Thickening conditioner. It still made my hair look much fuller, thicker and smoothed out the frizz and made the hair look like it did years ago. After having used the Patene Expert Series AgeDefy collection, I would buy no other products for my hair. Being able to try this collection has made me not only a true fan but a believer that you can “reverse” the signs of aging in hair. This is the only collection of hair products which when used together makes the hair look and feel like it did when I was much younger. People have all commented how good my hair looks and asked how I got my hair to look like this. My husband has said my hair has never looked better and said the hair feels so soft and silky. I feel my hair has not looked and felt like this since I was in my twenties. It’s difficult to say which product I prefer over any one of the three in the Patene collection but I must say if I had a choice to pick a favorite, it would have to be the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Advanced Thickening Treatment as it makes my fine hair so much thicker and fuller looking, especially if you apply it to hair that has been towel dried first and then blow dried. I just love the way my hair looks and feels with this product. It’s so soft, shiny, smooth and so much thicker and fuller looking. Even though my hair has been coloured, it does not look like it has and makes the hair look so natural and smooth and takes away any of the dryness and brittleness from coloring. I would definitely recommend this product to family and friends. No other product has given me the results like this, made my hair look like it did years ago and made me feel truly beautiful and confident in the appearance of my hair. Thank you Michelle at BEAUTYEDITOR and Patene for giving me the opportunity to try this collection from Patene and let me find the best hair products I have ever tried.

LMC1971
Friday, April 19/2013 at 3:53 pm

I have been using the AgeDefy collection for approximately 2 weeks now and I really love it! First off it smells wonderful, it’s a very sublte grown up scent which I find very pleasing. If I had to choose a favourite product of the 3 I received I would have to pick the Conditioner. It is light and makes my hair feel so lovely, not weighed down or greasy feeling. I also had a chance to try the Thickening Treatment, yes it did increase overall volume, both in look and feel but I don’t like this product is for me as my hair isn’t either fine nor lank. I did however pass it along to my Mother-in-law who does have fine hair and she really enjoyed the volume and fullness it provided!
In conclusion, I really love the AgeDefy collection. I had been waiting months for it to appear on Canadian shelves and I am thrilled that these products deliever on their claims! I have already bought the travel size bottles of the AgeDefy collection to take on vacation with me next month! I would highly recommend the AgeDefy line to my family and friends…in fact I already have! Thank you BeautyEditor and Pantene for the opportunity!
Best, Lisa

Kris Coghlan
Friday, April 19/2013 at 4:14 pm

The AgeDefy Pantene Expert Collection has won me over – and it’s not an easy thing to do. My hair really does look healthier. It is softer and more manageable but most of all it has more body.
The Advanced Thickening Treatment feels light going on – love the applicator. It really does make a difference as my hair just seems to have more volume.
I would purchase this product and have already recommended it to friends.

Kenny G.
Friday, April 19/2013 at 8:00 pm

I am an older gentleman of a “certain age” that was lucky enough to start using the Patene Expert Series AgeDefy collection of hair products a little over two weeks ago. My hair has not just turned grey but is, in fact, completely white and I am known as the “silver fox” to family and friends and my hair is actually very course, dry and quite frizzy at times because of the dryness and it is quite thick, although I do have some thinning at the front of my forehead.

The first time I used the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Shampoo, I noticed it had a wonderful smell of what seemed to be all different kinds of fruit like bananas, pineapple, apples, etc., and I noticed the shampoo had a nice smooth, almost silky feel to it. I wet my hair and after rubbing the shampoo into my hair to make it lather, I found it seemed to make my course hair smoother. The shampoo lathered up really well and I noticed I did not have to use much of this shampoo in order for it to do that. I rinsed my hair and then used the conditioner which they call Patene Pro-V Age Defy Conditoner. This conditioner too has the smell of all kinds of different fruits which I really liked and I noticed it has a soft, silky feel to it. I still have a lot of hair and it is not that short so I made sure I applied the conditioner over all my wet hair and rubbed it in really well. After rinsing my hair out carefully, I then towel dried my hair. For the first time, I did not use the third product they sent me called Patene Pro-V Age Defy Advanced Thickening Treatment as I wanted to see what my hair would look and feel like after just using the shampoo and conditioner first. After my hair dried, I was astounded to find my hair was not only much thicker but seemed a lot fuller too. The one thing that really impressed me was that the frizz and the many fly away hairs and the flatness at the top of my head I had after using other shampoos and conditioner was gone and my hair seemed very smooth and oh so very shiny and soft to the touch. My wife loves my hair with this product as it feels so soft and silky and she says my hair looks so much better and smoother and thicker as well.

The main problem I was having with my hair was the frizz, the hairs that where all over the place and the flatness right at the top of my head after shampooing. I did not use a conditioner prior to using this Patene line of products as I found by using a conditioner, it flattened my hair, especially at the top. To smooth the frizz and fly away hairs prior to using the Patene collection, I would use a mousse which helped somewhat.

After using the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Shampoo and the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Conditioner and then letting my hair dry naturally, I tried the Patene Pro-V Age Defy Advanced Thickening Treatment. I applied this Treatment close to the roots as the instructions told me to and rubbed it all the way through my hair. I found this product actually made my already thick hair much thicker and fuller and definitely smoothed out even further any hairs that where out of place and took away any frizz that was left. Afterwards my hair looked very shiny and smooth. I have also used this Treatment after just towel drying my hair when it is still a bit wet and found the same wonderful results.

I feel my hair has never looked or felt better or looked as good as it does now. I cannot remember the last time my hair looked this good. Many years, that’s for sure.

My favorite product in the whole Patene collection that was sent to me is the shampoo as I always just used a shampoo on my hair in the mornings and I find now if I am in a rush, I can do with just using the Patene shampoo if need be and not have to resort to using a mouse after to get rid of the dry feeling of the hair, the frizz and the hair is kept in place. Don’t get me wrong, if not in a rush, I would use the conditioner and the advanced thickening formula. The whole collection is just wonderful.

I have told my wife I want to continue using this Patene collection and would most definitely recommend this Patene collection to any family members and any friends.

Corrina
Friday, April 19/2013 at 11:07 pm

I love Pantene hair products already so was wondering if it could get any better – and it does with this!
My long babyfine (and dare I say – aging) hair looked and felt fuller using these products. The scent of this line is divine too!
At first I thought it possibly could be “just a good hair day” after using them – but 10 days later and having a good hair day every day? That is not chance!
My favorite product was the conditioner. It was like a delicious deep conditioner every day that isn’t too heavy. Although I heat style my hair everyday, my hair felt soft without flyaways.
Thanks Pantene and Beauty Editor for a great new product line that I would recommend to friends and will be buying again!

Sharon
Friday, April 19/2013 at 11:31 pm

Two weeks after daily using the Pantene Expert Age Defy collection and I am hooked!
It really does what it is promised – my fine unruly hair is visibly thicker and softer! No frizzies and it actually feels like I have more hair!
When I read I was to massage the Thickening Serum into my scalp instead of throughout my entire hair length, I was worried that I wouldn’t notice as much of a difference. Boy was I wrong! The Thickening Serum was probably my favorite – turning my brittle hair into thicker silky smooth hair!
I loved the whole line together. The shampoo and conditioner feel so moisturizing. I used only the Thickening Serum for styling (instead of my usual gel or mousse) and found there was no need for anything more. Was so excited to try it all out and will be buying it again!
Thank you Michelle! And thank you Pantene!

Katarina
Sunday, April 21/2013 at 2:56 am

Despite the hype, I wasn’t expecting much from this product. I used Pantene shampoo and conditioner in the past but my hair was thinning and not looking great. However, I found this blog and really liked Michelle’s “after” picture so I decided to give it a try.

And holy moly, I’m so glad I did! This is nothing like any other Pantene products I used in the past! For reference, I have medium long, thin, fine, coloured and very straight hair. The first time I tried it I thought – hmm, it’s not bad, I actually like it – but what have won me over totally were comments I received the very next day and since then about how great my hair looks.

I like the smell and texture of the products. I personally don’t like the colour but it’s no big deal since all three products, shampoo, conditioner and treatment deliver what they promise. Shampoo and conditioner work great together and my hair looks shiny, soft, thicker and nice healthy looking. They are very moisturizing. The conditioner does not leave my hair feeling heavy or coated.

But out of all 3 products, I like the treatment best. It really makes my hair to look more thicker and fuller. I love that after applying it my hair is still very easy to manage, not sticky or hard (crunchy), unlike some other (not only volumizing) products I used in the past.

Dullness is gone, I will very likely continue to use all thre Pantene products, although Thickening treatment is little pricy. Will definitely recommend to my friends.

Katarina
Sunday, April 21/2013 at 2:58 am

I like the smell and texture of the products. I personally don’t like the colour but it’s no big deal since all three products, shampoo, conditioner and treatment deliver what they promise. Shampoo and conditioner work great together and my hair looks shiny, soft, thicker and nice healthy looking. They are very moisturizing. The conditioner does not leave my hair feeling limp or coated.

Dullness is gone, fullyt, shiny hair is here. I will very likely continue to use all thre Pantene products, although Thickening treatment is little pricy. Will definitely recommend to my friends.

Tracey Walach
Monday, April 22/2013 at 11:38 am

I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen to review the Pantene Expert Series AgeDefy collection. Let me start by saying that I absolutely love this product & will recommend it to all my friends & family. In fact, I was telling fellow dog walker’s about it over the weekend. I started using the product on April 6, 2013 and was immediately impressed. My daughter went on and on about how good my hair looked, I hadn’t done anything different except for using the Pantene Expert Series AgeDefy collection. I thought to myself, is it possible that she could notice a difference already; with just one use. She started taking several pictures l of me. Lol, I smiled and moved on. Now let’s move on to day four of the treatment April 10th, I walk in the house after work and my son asked me if I had gotten on my hair done….Again, I smiled and thought to myself wow, he noticed. It’s gets even better, on day 7 of the treatment my boss asks me if I go t my hair done & he goes on to say that my hair looks really good lately. He has never notice my hair, not even after I spent $100.00 getting it done. What this tells me is that my hair has change drastically in that last 2 weeks. Will I buy these products in the future? How could I not. Thank you Beauty Editor for picking me to do this review & changing the health of my hair forever in the process.

Tracey Walach

lori b
Tuesday, April 23/2013 at 9:15 am

I have tried the Pantene AgeDefy trio pack, I loved how my hair felt afterwards, it was soft and silky and felt more full. The treatment delivered what it was promised, helping deal with my frizzy hair. My hair didn’t look dry when using the system. I love the conditioner, it didn’t leave me with a ‘waxy’ feeling afterwards, and it is so light. I enjoyed the smell of the products as well. I will purchase these in the future and I will indeed recommend these products to friends and family. Thank you for the opportunity.

Colleen C
Tuesday, April 23/2013 at 12:38 pm

One of the first things that struck me about Pantene AgeDefy is the fragrance. For me, it is an issue – I have a fragrance sensitivity, so I end up sneezing for a while when I use the products. And that is really unfortunate because…
Pantene AgeDefy rocks!

My hair is fine, but has a fair amount of body – which means I get to pull it out when I am shampooing. It tangles, it gets ugly. Using Pantene AgeDefy remedied that totally. My hair was silky, smooth and did not tangle.

The other key thing that I noticed, was that AgeDefy did not irritate my scalp, like some products do. My scalp seemed moisturized by the products, not stripped and dry – so no flaking to worry about.

Styling my hair was a breeze, too. Again, no tangling and my hair seemed easier to style and felt more luxurious and full.

Would I recommmend AgeDefy to a friend? Absolutely!

Just one request: Pantene, can we get a fragrance free version? Thanks!

Raffaela
Tuesday, April 23/2013 at 1:03 pm

I have been using Pantene AgeDefy products for a little over 2 weeks and I am really impressed with them. Firstly, the shampoo smells wonderful and it has a nice lather to it. The conditioner also worked well with my fine hair and did not weigh it down. My hair definitely feels smoother to the touch and it looks to have more body when I used the thickening treatment. I will definitely keep using this series and have even recommended it to my friends after they noticed that my hair looked somehow better than usual. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to discover this great new Pantene line.

Tammy
Tuesday, April 23/2013 at 9:09 pm

I’ve been using these products for about a month now. I ADORE them!
My hair had started looking thinner for a little while now, and since I have very fine blonde hair, it was worrisome. But I feel and see a definite difference in the condition of my hair.
I’m getting married in 2 months and I was thinking of getting hair extensions, but I no longer feel the need.
The shampoo and conditioner are now my favorites and I don’t want to use any other.
As far as the treatment product goes… well, I didn’t really notice any difference. I would have preferred a leave-in detangler instead.

All things considered, a very effective line of products. I’ll be telling everyone I know!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to participate in this test.

Tammy

Donna Loney
Tuesday, April 23/2013 at 10:52 pm

Wow – I have been using the product for about three weeks now, and I love it — I am in my mid 50′s and had noticed my hair just did not look as healthy, as it use to. Not sure if it is thicker, but it does look better, and I am able to do that sexy toss of hair ….. okay it is not quite the sexy look I was capable of pulling off 30 years ago, but it still feels great to me!. I also enjoy the smell of the product – Thank you for giving me the opportunity to use your products – I think the most positive thing I can say, is I am hooked, and will purchase them when my sample runs out.

jamie hall
Thursday, April 25/2013 at 10:49 am

Ive been using the pantene Age defy for a week and a half and im loving it! First off i was really impressed with the scent, which is important to me. I am 36 and my hair is fine and curly a recipe for frizziness. Ive noticed my hair is a frizzy,unruly, thin and dull looking. After using AgeDefy the texture and appearance of my hair has improved drastically its even shiny!!! I am so happy with the results of this product! I think the Thickening treatment might be my favourite product as i feel it has added depth and volume to my otherwise fine and limp hair. I have started reccomending this product to family and friends already and will keep using it myself!

Rajbinder Kaur
Friday, April 26/2013 at 11:59 pm

I’ve been using the Pantene Pro V Age Defy Shampoo, Conditioner and Advanced Thickening Treatment for exactly 2 weeks today and all I can say is thank you, BeautyEditor and Pantene for this lovely opportunity! When I read what this trio promises, I was truly intrigued and eager to get started. My hair looks fuller in the root area and what I’ve noticed the most is how shiny it is looking. So when Pantene says this can tame the frizz and minimize dryness, I agree completely. My hair feels healthier, softer and has this bounce to it which I love! I have to say that the conditioner is my favorite. Most conditioners leave my hair feeling and looking oily after use but not this conditioner! It’s very moisturizing without that oily feel and look. I’ve had so many compliments on the overall change in the way my hair looks, that I would definitely buy these products. I’m a sucker for compliments! I, however, did not notice a considerable difference with it helping with unruly grays. Maybe I failed to understand how it helps in this area. My mom is very interested in trying this line, so with Mothers Day just around the corner, I would definitely include this in her gift basket!! Thanks again for this awesome opportunity!!

Miranda Davis
Monday, September 30/2013 at 10:09 pm

Hi. I have been hearing mostly good things about the Advanced Thickening Treatment… But am confused as to if it is suppossed to work by smoothing through the rest of the hair what has before hand been massaged through the scalp, or just massaging into the scalp only. A friend gave me this to try and threw away the box and instructions. Wondering what the EXACT pamphlet instructions say. Thank you! :)