Recognize this blast from the past?
Non? Okay, maybe you need to see this, then:
It's a brand new ad—but it's a total throwback to the classic Herbal Essences hair commercials of the 1990s. You know that woman. She gets really, um, "excited" about washing her hair. (Best.Beauty campaign.Ever.)
And now, I hope YOU'RE going to get excited, because...
You could be the new Herbal Essences "Yes, Yes, Yes" woman!
That's right—Herbal Essences is looking for the next "Yes, Yes, Yes" woman and they're doing it right here on BEAUTY EDITOR! (How cool is that?!)
What does it mean to be a "Yes, Yes, Yes" woman? Well, you don't have to be like the lady in the ad that uses the products on an airplane... although if you did, I'm sure the Herbal Essences people would be seriously impressed.
It's more about your beauty attitude.
I asked one of my favourite famous hairstylists, Charles Baker Strahan (who is also the celeb stylist for Herbal Essences) how he would describe the "Yes, Yes, Yes" woman and here's what he said:
"She's fun, she's confident, and she's not afraid to try different things—whether it's with her hair or in her life overall. She may take inspiration from fashion and pop culture, but at the same time she has a sense of humour and doesn't take the trends too seriously. It's more about how the way her look makes her feel."
Then he paused for a minute, and added:
"She's the kind of girl who, when driving in her car or walking to work, will be singing out loud to her music and having a movie moment in her mind."
Do you do that? I totally do that. (Sometimes it involves dancing, too.) Plus if you're a BEAUTY EDITOR regular, then you're probably a lot like me. We love beauty and we've got a sense of adventure about it... but at the end of the day it's all about having fun and feeling good!
Now, a quick word about WHY this is all happening...
The Herbal Essences Shine and Smooth collections are back!
The "Yes, Yes, Yes" woman search is happening in tandem with the re-introduction of two classic Herbal Essences collections from the 1990s. The shampoo and conditioner in the Shine Collection are formulated with an infused blend of chamomile, aloe vera and passion flowers that, when used together, make hair look silky and shiny:
Meanwhile, the Smooth Collection features an infused blend of rose hips, vitamin E and jojoba extracts—and when you use the shampoo and conditioner together, they deliver hair that's soft and smooth:
Both make you naturally beautiful, both smell incredible and this time around, the shampoos are silicone-free and the conditioners sulfate-free. How on-trend is that?!
Speaking of trends, Charles says this collection is the PERFECT prep for getting that '90s supermodel big-hair look (think: Cindy Crawford).
How to make your hair look like a '90s supermodel
1. Shampoo and condition with the Shine Collection (if you have fine hair that needs volume) or the Smooth Collection (if you have a naturally wavy or curlier texture).
2. While your hair is still wet, take a golf-ball sized amount of mousse, such as Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousse and emulsify it between your palms before rubbing your scalp with your fingertips. Drag any excess product through the lengths of the hair.
3. Blow-dry your hair upside-down until it's about 90 per cent dry.
4. Using a round boar-bristle brush and working in sections, blow-dry your hair towards your face. Once each section has dried, roll the hair in the brush all the way up to the roots and leave the brush in to set while it cools. (It's a good idea to have at least two or three round brushes so that you can leave at least one in while you move on to the next section.) You can also give each section a shot of cold air with the dryer.
5. Once all the sections are dry and the brushes are removed, flip your hair upside-down and mist with a volumizing hairspray, such as Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray.
6. To really play up your '90s style, back-comb the area at the crown.
7. Shout "Yes, Yes, Yes!" while admiring your new look.
Ta-da! Here's Herbal Essences celebrity spokesperson Nicole Scherzinger demonstrating. (Or "doin' the Herbal," as they say...)
Now are you ready to win some of this good stuff so you can get this look all year long, at home?
I hear you saying "Yes!" (Yes! YES!)
Score a year's worth of hair products—and a FREE consultation with a celebrity stylist
Here's what's up for grabs:
ONE lucky reader—a.k.a. the Herbal Essences "Yes, Yes, Yes" woman—will score a full year's supply of Herbal Essences Shine and Smooth Shampoos and Conditioners, plus a collection of styling products. She'll get:
- Six Herbal Essences Shine Shampoos
- Six Herbal Essences Shine Conditioners
- Six Herbal Essences Smooth Shampoos
- Six Herbal Essences Smooth Conditioners
- Two Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Smoothing Serums
- Two Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Smoothing Mousses
- Two Herbal Essences Touchably Smooth Anti-Frizz Crèmes
- Two Herbal Essences Set Me Up Heat Protection Sprays
- Two Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairsprays
- Two Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Mousses
That’s 36 (THIRTY-SIX!) hair products, and an approximate retail value of C$200—wowza!
But that's not all. In addition to the free prodz, the winner will also be featured on BEAUTY EDITOR (yay 15 minutes of fame!) AND receive a personalized hair consultation with celebrity stylist Charles Baker Strahan. (I'm squirming with jealousy already!)
Leave a comment to win!
To enter, all you need to do is tell me in the comments below why you should be the Herbal Essences "Yes, Yes, Yes" woman. (C’mon! Show me some of that beauty attitude!)
Make sure to enter a valid email address so that you can be contacted if you're the winner. You've got until March 31st to enter. SAY YES!
[legal]This post is sponsored by Herbal Essences. No purchase necessary. Limit of one entry per person. Open only to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec); must be age of majority. Contest closes March 31, 2013. Skill testing question required. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Total approximate retail prize value is C$200. [/legal]