Um, HELLO. Can my hair please look like this every day? Everything about Olivia Wilde's style here, at the Los Angeles premiere of The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, is perfect. (Even the colour. #eatingmywords)
We already collectively swooned over the makeup (get the how-to here), so let's talk about the hair now, since the instructions just crossed my desk.
And honestly? I don't think this is that hard. Half the reason it looks so amaze is because of her length: not quite a long bob, but close. It's just a couple of inches past her collarbones and it's a length that always looks so fresh to me—possibly because every time I've had my hair chopped like this, it's like a fleeting moment that doesn't last nearly as long as I want it to. Maybe a month, tops, before it's suddenly into long-hair territory and the moment is over. Know what I mean?
Anyway, the length is what makes the waves look all "young Hollywood cool" instead of droopy and old-fashioned like this. Plus, her colour is that exact Miley Cyrus hue I was coveting HARD before she went all Pink on us.
Definitely think about doing something like this as a contrast to a sexy outfit, too. The stylist, Mara Roszak for Moroccanoil, totally gets it: “I chose to go with an easy, effortless hair design that was slightly more casual and in contrast to the strength of the dress. The hair was casually parted in the middle and flowed forward over one shoulder.” YES, YES, YES. It's what I'm always saying about those Victoria's Secret girls.
Here's what to do:
1. Apply a touch of Moroccanoil Treatment Light to the ends of your hair to condition and prepare the hair for styling.
2. Add Moroccanoil Curl Control Mousse, starting at the ends and working your way up to the roots, to add texture.
3. Use a 1 ¼” curling iron to create the waves (or touch up waves in naturally wavy hair) and to define the texture. Wrap the hair loosely around the barrel and let it fall freely.
4. Shake the waves out with your fingers, and then tuck it behind your ear on one side.
5. To finish, spray the entire look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong for a natural-looking and long-lasting hold.
Are you fan-girling over Olivia's hairstyle here?
Do you agree it's the length that makes all the difference?
Can we make an exception over her Ombré or should she do all-over brunette?