"This is a very easy, simple hairstyle. We wrapped these bright fabrics around the head, and then pinned the hair up into a very messy chignon. It feels very young, lighthearted and nonchalant. It's a mix of inspiration from the '70s and '80s and almost has a punky feel to it."—Guido, creative consultant for Redken.
1. Start with damp hair. Spray Redken Guts 10 Root Targeted Spray Foam throughout—this will give it some texture and ensure that when it's pinned up, it will stay.
2. Rough-dry your hair, brushing straight back with a boar-bristle brush.
3. Wrap a patterned fabric headband around your head, tying it at the nape of the neck.
4. Gather your hair into a loose ponytail and secure with an elastic, four inches from the ends of the hair.
5. Fold the loose ponytail up into a messy chignon and pin with open fasteners.
6. Mist the entire style with Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray.